General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
niftyweld
    Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Recently looking for an alternative supplies with a reasonable price and quality to sustain my current budget.
This is what I found in tungsten and here's the direct link for best price like saving 60% what I'm looking at so far... http://www.weldingcity.com/tig-tungsten ... trode.html
Any recommendations or suggestions about weldingcity.com? :shock: :shock: :?: :?:
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I've ordered from WeldingCity a number of times (tungsten and supplies), and have had nothing but good experiences. Good prices, they ship quickly and the product is as advertised.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i get most of my rod, tungsten and gas from local
shop.
they are helpful, reasonable and if you have a
bitch they fix it...no shipping costs.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

In the past, I've ordered from Welding Supplies from IOC, and from Welding Mart, and would do so again with no hesitation. However, I usually just get all my supplies at my LWS. They're nice guys, they give me great prices and it's a great place to find out what's going on in the local welding community. Plus, I live in a relatively small town, and I'm a big fan of supporting our local businesses.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
taylorkh
    Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

I have been dealing with weldingcity.com for several years. I am currently using their 2% Lanthanated tungsten. I have found no difference between their product and "name brand" tungsten in actual use. I have a couple of their flex head TIG torches. Paid about $10 each. I have used and ABUSED (175 amps for not so short periods) the WP 17 size torch and it keeps on working. Great folks to deal with.

As to my LWS... I do purchase my shielding gas there. As to consumables and filler metal... I do not like their pricing model. When I first setup my account - the night instructor at the local community college was a rep for the company - I purchased 5# of 4043 filler. It came to about $16. Just over $3/pound - a fair price. When I got home I found a label on the box $10.95. I asked my sales rep friend if I had been taken advantage of and if the price for the 5# box was supposed to be $10.95? No he said - that is the list price PER POUND! The actual price depends on the type of account and what discounts, kick backs etc. are written into the account terms. If I go into the store and pick up a pair of Tillman TIG gloves when are marked $16.95 I have no idea what I would actually pay for them. Therefore when I can I shop on-line.

Ken

p.s. There are a lot of good suppliers on-line. I purchased a Miller TIG machine from IOC, another one and a Hypertherm plasma cutter from weldersource.com. weldingsupply.com has great prices although their shipping is a little high unless you purchase enough to cover the initial UPS hit. Of course there is always evilbay. That is where I discovered weldingcity and IOC.

p.p.s. If you find something at weldingcity on ebay cheaper than their home site, send them an email. Liang has several times combined my wants from ebay and the home site and given me the lowest posted price.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I use my LWS. Since my employer buys a lot from them, I get the same discount.

[edit] I better... they just delivered a new Millermatic 252 and two Cutmaster 82's.

Steve S
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I have bought from welding city and had good luck with their tungsten.