Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Deekamc
    Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi everyone I,m deek, I served my time as a welder with redpath dorman and long in a rig building yard in Scotland in the early 70's and have been in the game ever since, I,ve worked mainly in the oil and gas industry but have also had stints in foundry work petro chemical and general engineering and fabrication welding, I've worked in most of the rig yards round Scotland (where we were affectionately known as the Bears!) and I've also worked on offshore rigs in the North Sea, during this time I've welded a variety of materials from carbon steels to inconel to titanium and I've used quite a few processes including Mig Tig Stick and sub arc, during the last 10 years I've developed narrow gap butt welding using Polysoude machine welding and worked mainly on inconel 625 cladding using Fronius fpa9000 equipment, my job now is as a manager of a welding department with National Oilwell Varco at their facility in Glenrothes where I am in charge of 15 welders all great guys, so I don't get as much hands on as I would like but to offset this I have my own shop at home where I am always working on one project or another from biodiesel plants to wind generators and everything in between, the equipment I use mainly consists of a plasma cutter a 200 amp AC/DC Tig &Stick plant and an old Lincoln Mini Mig which I love, I also dabble a bit with a milling machine and a little lathe so that keeps me busy :D Anyway enough of my prattling on and a big hello from me to you guys, I've a feeling I,m gonna like it here :D
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi,

Welcome to our group, sounds like you could share a story or two. Isn't the North sea about as rough as it gets?

Mick
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Deek,
We look forward to learning from your experiences and I'm sure you'll find yourself learning from others here. You never know what might show up in a thread on this forum. WT&T doesn't quite describe what we have developed here, we have a very wide variety of knowledge here from many backgrounds. It all lends itself to what we call the "Collective Expert" on all things welding and fabrication.

Nice thing is you don't have to wade through egos to find an answer to even the most basic question, but if you hang around you'll find on any given day people giving above expert level advice. We're just people with an odd desire to share what we know with those who are learning. You can usually find a well researched, thought out answer to whatever the question requires. You'll also find that we stray from the topic often and mud sling on occasion, but in general we're a friendly group of people.

Welcome to the forum.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Deek.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200