Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Welder kurt
    Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:11 pm

I know a lot of guys have issues with their local Airgas stores but I happen to have a real good one near me, today they handed me 10lbs of inconel 625 1/8 dia, and 10lbs of Eureka 45 .035 dia tig filler for free. They have always been good too me on my Argon purchases filling my 300cf bottles for $35. There is another Airgas store a little farther away and they are the exact opposite, they wouldn't give me CPR if I was dying anyone else have a good LWS like that. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but I was mainly wondering what that rod normally cost, and what could I use the Eureka 45 rod for as I don't do a lot of die reclamation or repairs?
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Kurt,
No idea on the cost of the Eureka rod (never even heard of it) but the 625 is about $21 a lb.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

seems like a shady transaction :lol: 8-)
Welder kurt

Yep shady indeed lol 3 weeks ago they gave me 20 pounds of ER80sB6 still not sure what I'm going to do with that stuff, the box had about 4 inches of dust all over it and couldn't even tell what it was till I cleaned it up. I believe it was champion brand wire, the inconel is techniweld I think and the the tube looks like it was used as a back stop at a little league game so I suppose that's why they hooked me up. I don't suppose it would hurt anything to use that Eureka 45 filler for maybe some artsy stuff as that's about all I would have a need for it as its .035 dia
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I avoid Airgas at all costs. The underlings at the local Airgas are cool but the store is run by a scumbag. I accidently found a small LWS when I answered an ad on Craigslist for a Kalamazoo band saw. The owner is the manager of the small store and they are just awesome. I drive alot further to get there but it's the kind of place where when you walk in, everyone says howdy and asks if you want coffee and loads your bottles in the truck for you...stuff like that goes a long way with me. I had a project in copper one time and I wanted to try to TIG it but didn't have any deoxygenated rod and when I asked the price on some, I about shit myself because the minimum you could buy was a pound and it was like $200 or more and I needed about 2 rods so they gave me about 10 of them to try. My machine didn't have enough ass to do the job but the fact that they wanted to help me out was enough that they earned my business for life. Airgas tried pulling a scam on me when I took a welder in for repairs, and they never did the repairs and gave it back to me still broke for $350. I hope Airgas reads these threads about the horror stories but I doubt they would care. Rant off
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Welder kurt

I know they have done people wrong I suppose that's why I mention what they have done for me but that's only the 1 store I don't have a lot too choose from around here.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Back the guys that look after you, way to go.
Why big business more often than not act as though the customer is an inconvenience is beyond me, they seem to forget who pays the bills.
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Being in a spoiled situation for LWS I found service is directly linked to the guys behind the counter. Service and friendliness is because of the staff not weather it's a local or national chain.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Welder kurt

Poland308 wrote:Being in a spoiled situation for LWS I found service is directly linked to the guys behind the counter. Service and friendliness is because of the staff not weather it's a local or national chain.

I agree with you on this completly, I have a smaller LWS near me also but the counter guys are about as hatefull as can be