Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
taylorkh
    Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

I purchased a 3 series FlexLoc with cable for my machine a few years ago. I was hoping to also use the super flexible cable on my other torches as well. Wrong! The thread which connect the FlexLoc torch to the cable are Metric. As I recall they had an adapter available to fit the Metric torch to an inch pattern cable but not the other way around. This may have changed but worth checking before you purchase. The fellow I spoke with at CK had no idea what they were thinking when the decided to use the Metric threads.

Merry Christmas,

Ken

Jakedaawg wrote:
LtBadd wrote:
Jakedaawg wrote:on another note...is there any way to disable the caps lock key so that it does not work on a MacBookPro?
Google is your friend
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I am not computer literate, the best I can seem to do with google is get to a wikipedia page.

I have been able to figure out how to get to a couple forums on the internet/web.

My computer abilities lie solely with my use of them as a tool in the shop. I can hook it up to your Evinrude or Yamaha outboard and do wonderful things...like repair the engine with the right parts the first time...many shops can't and give legitimate shops a bad name by just replacing parts til they get it right...

Thanks again for taking the time to search that out, and having the knowledge to put it into a link that made it possible for me to turn the darn miserable key OFF!
Glad I could help
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

taylorkh wrote:I purchased a 3 series FlexLoc with cable for my machine a few years ago. I was hoping to also use the super flexible cable on my other torches as well. Wrong! The thread which connect the FlexLoc torch to the cable are Metric. As I recall they had an adapter available to fit the Metric torch to an inch pattern cable but not the other way around. This may have changed but worth checking before you purchase. The fellow I spoke with at CK had no idea what they were thinking when the decided to use the Metric threads.

Merry Christmas,

Ken
That's odd indeed. Both CK torches I've used, use the standard 1/4"-20 thread. :?: Might have to call CK on this.

As to where to get part Numbers: www.ckworldwide.com. Happy clicking! :)