Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

$ 719 bucks 200 amp ac/dc tig stick AMAZING

81ADD+AOXBL._SX522_.jpg
81ADD+AOXBL._SX522_.jpg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 1196 times

[attachment=1]81ADD+AOXBL._SX522_.jpg

what do you guys think of this machine
Attachments
71cbrnWCIbL._SX522_.jpg
71cbrnWCIbL._SX522_.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Last edited by AKweldshop on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

Looks like another Everlast/Longevity competitor only a few steps behind em.
Nick
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

If that's the machine I believe it to be - ( though with a different sticker on ) I've used it - it has several quirks & limitations - I also hate that retarded toe/ foot pedal which is the least user friendly / linear of any I tried - but as a first / hobby Tig it welds OK - it's not in the same league as the Everlast yet - but for the asking price it's not bad - especially as it's ready to use out of the box with a quite nice superflex generic WP17 torch - a 26 would be nicer if you intend using that 200 amps on AC & the duty cycle on the machine easily cook that torch ! if your looking at this machine I'd say it's value at the price - but if your budget allowed then maybe Everlast or one of the other slightly more expensive imports would be worth the difference - all depends what you want to use it for.
dmckoy
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:12 pm

that's pretty neat im looking for a machine as well this will be my first one but I am a little lost with which way to go, im leaning towards a multi-process machine but the one im looking at doesn't have an ac setting could you guys give me some insight on this thanks :geek: :geek:
Weldcaptain
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 pm

AC=Aluminum. Usually used with a HF starter.
If your thinking about the Miller Multimatic 200....go for it. If you have the money to spend.
A lot possibilities in that little black box. But NO AC TIG. Everything else works well, though.
I take on and the accessory kit back and forth on remote work in the Bahamas. :mrgreen:
Hippiee
    Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm

I was looking at a Lincoln Square Wave™ TIG 175 TIG Welder . Will it weld 1/4 stainless steel?
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB

Very tempting.
Looks like a solid machine.
$719 with free shipping. 200amp AC/DC tig/stick welder.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EL8 ... aroncom-20

~John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

This machine appears to be a good value and definitely a good price point. Has good reviews overall online. I wonder if Jody could get his hands on one and give it a go (or has he already and I missed the video?). I don't think I would buy one for the shop, but I could be easily swayed if it performed well.
-Jonathan

that price is insane!!!
You would think everyone would be diving into them.
They will take some time to fit in, sorta like Everlast did.
Jody needs to get his hands on one and do a good review on it.
~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

noddybrian wrote:If that's the machine I believe it to be - ( though with a different sticker on ) I've used it - it has several quirks & limitations - I also hate that retarded toe/ foot pedal which is the least user friendly / linear of any I tried - but as a first / hobby Tig it welds OK - it's not in the same league as the Everlast yet - but for the asking price it's not bad - especially as it's ready to use out of the box with a quite nice superflex generic WP17 torch - a 26 would be nicer if you intend using that 200 amps on AC & the duty cycle on the machine easily cook that torch ! if your looking at this machine I'd say it's value at the price - but if your budget allowed then maybe Everlast or one of the other slightly more expensive imports would be worth the difference - all depends what you want to use it for.
200 AC would definitely cook the torch, but it will smoke the connector end of the 1-pc power/gas hose first. It will get ridiculously hot. My Eastwood TIG 200 AC/DC had the same exact power/gas hose. When my power hose went out, the torch end was deteriorating so I cut it open and I could see the discoloration in the copper fitting and the wire, which was about 8ga if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure it takes a lot of heat to discolor copper.

NO 17 air cooled torch can run 150amps at 100% duty cycle.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024