Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
KEJ76
    Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

Hello Jody and fellow rod burners! You guys know the old saying, "You get what you pay for"? Well, I see various prices of tungsten all over the web. For example, Weld City has cheaper priced tungsten compaired to your local welding supply store. With the price difference being drastically different in some places, does quality of the tungsten change? Or is all tungsten the same quality no matter where you buy it, regardless of price?

Hope you guys can help me out! Thanks, KJ
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I bought some 2% Lanthanated from Weld City and it's fine by me.
KEJ76

Thanks Rake! If the tungsten is all the same, I'm definitely going the cheaper route!
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm not saying that they're all the same. Just saying that what I tried from Weld City has been fine.

Bought some off brand stuff from a local supplier and it was awful.

Weld City has always been good for me. Filler wire, consumables, etc.
KEJ76

Thanks again. I just ordered some from there. I've read some good rewiews about weld city.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I too have bought many items from Weld City.

5 stars

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

yup welding city tungstens here. By my hobbyiest eyes, they seem fine and I cannot tell the difference at the moment between their 2%La, Matheson Brand 1.5%La, Diamond Ground Tri-mix, and HTP's Quad-Mix tungstens, lol. Perhaps it is because I do not do much high (>150A) welding for very long periods of time. That would likely be the ultimate test (and having lots of re-starts).