Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

Looking the Miller RFCS 14-HD (194744) which has a 20' cord http://store.cyberweld.com/rfhdfootcon.html I can get this for about $250

And the SSC C810-1425 with a 25' cord http://www.ssccontrols.com/homepage-TIG ... ntrols.htm

I like the base and foot rest of the Miller, I know for $20 I can add a foot rest on the SSC. Would like to hear from anyone who has/is using either one.

Thanks
Richard
Richard
Website
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Richard,
I had an older version of the Miller pedal so I can't speak to that model but I bought the SSC a few years ago and I like it a lot. Much more than the old Miller one. Smooth.

Len

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Hi Richard,

I have that same Miller control pedal on my Syncowave 180 at home and my two Miller machines at work. No complaints with it, no problems with many hours logged on all 3 machines. I have not used any other control foot pedal so my opinion is very biased.

Jim
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

No experience with the SSC but we have the Millers at work, no issues at all. I have the wireless version and can say its worth every penny if you don't just bench weld.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB

Rick_H wrote:No experience with the SSC but we have the Millers at work, no issues at all. I have the wireless version and can say its worth every penny if you don't just bench weld.
We have the wireless at work also, just not willing to spend THAT much right now, thanks Rick

I believe either will be good, just haven't decided yet

Richard
Richard
Website
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Richard,
Another thing I'll add about the SSC is, I know it!s made in America. I'm usually not a stickler about that but if the price is reasonable for the quality I'll buy American made.

Len

Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:Richard,
Another thing I'll add about the SSC is, I know it!s made in America. I'm usually not a stickler about that but if the price is reasonable for the quality I'll buy American made.

Len
Good point Len, the SSC is less expensive then the Miller. The scale just tipped on the SSC side

Thanks!
Richard
Website
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Anyone have a pic of the insides of an SSC pedal? I believe the top comes off by pushing the spring loaded pins on either side.
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

soutthpaw wrote:Anyone have a pic of the insides of an SSC pedal? I believe the top comes off by pushing the spring loaded pins on either side.
I didnt take pics, but it takes a LOT longer to put back together than takin' 'em apart!

My TA 185 came with an SSC pedal, only problem is its too light, slides around too much on the floor.

-c-

(edit)

This is what I did for weight:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?45 ... foot-pedal

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!