General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
varekai
    Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Hey all, I have a Lincoln easy mig 180 and I also bought a fitted canvas cover for it, my welding equipment shares space with my wood shop, has anyone found a cover to fit the Alpha tig 201 XD?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I don’t use covers I blow out my machines regularly. I have a friend who uses covers custom made from an apolster. He does custom boat covers and chairs and auto stuff. But his welder covers look good too.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
drizler1
    Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:37 pm

My Tombstone gets nothing but blowing out and the every 5 or so years contacts cleaning when one of the taps quits working. Lots of humidity around here with huge temperature swings.
The HH 135 I keep on a HF roll around so it’s up out of the blown dirt . I still keep an old pillow case over it to keep out the blowing crud out of it. My garage door faces south directly into the prevailing winds and if it’s closed the place is a tomb so it’s a never ending battle with dirt and tree debris.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

whats the best cover material?
covers tend to help with moisture which is why i cover mine.
i just use old blanket, sheets etc.
tweak it until it breaks
Jim FLinchbaugh
    Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:56 pm

tweake wrote:whats the best cover material?
covers tend to help with moisture which is why i cover mine.
i just use old blanket, sheets etc.
I'm going to buy the cheap "moving blankets" from harbor Freight to make covers for my machines.
I have machine tools in the shop as well as welders that need to be protected from grit. I
the advantage of owning a commercial heavy duty sewing machine though :mrgreen: