General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
StickerMigTigger
    Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am

Looking for recommendation on places to buy metals in the Shelby to Rutherfordton NC area. I can go to Gastonia if necessary but less than an hour drive would be nice. :-) I'm a hobbyist so don't need to buy big bulk.

TIA

Not familiar with your location so short of buying online, I'd call around to fabrication shops (or visit) and see if they'll sell to you, or let you pick through their scrap bin
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

There’s a Metal Supermarket in Charlotte
StickerMigTigger

I know where to buy in Charlotte and have done business with a vendor in Gastonia. Not interested in shipping steel.

If there aren't any in my area I'll continue to buy in Gastonia but anyone closer would allow "buy local". Would also allow the opportunity to meet local folks in the welding community near me.

I'm asking for recommendations for any vendors between Shelby and Rutherfordton NC.
LanceR
    Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm still pretty new to North Carolina and live near Pilot Mountain north of Winston-Salem so the only place over your way I've done business with is Race City Steel in Denver, NC.
LanceR

Miller Multimatic 255
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
Heck Bevel Mill 4000
Ace fume extractor
Welding/cutting/brazing torches
StickerMigTigger

Thanks Guide. Will add them to my list.