General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Firestom jetcar
    Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Hello from England!
I’m considering purchasing a CK MT200 but I’m not seeing any upslope/downslope controls for using it with a switch.
Am l missing something?
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Firestom jetcar wrote:Hello from England!
I’m considering purchasing a CK MT200 but I’m not seeing any upslope/downslope controls for using it with a switch.
Am l missing something?
Appears to me if you buy the entire kit, it comes with a footpedal. If you're wanting a finger switch, you'll just have to buy that separately.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Firestom jetcar wrote:Am l missing something?
Hi from the U.S.

It might not.

The amperage is controlled through the pedal, as Buggy points out.

http://www.ckworldwide.com/Form%20MT200-OM

FWIW, those are nice looking machines, a lot of people speak well of them. I have upslope and downslope on my Everlast, but don't use it as I use the pedal. In my manual it tells me that if you're using a pedal you should turn them down to the minimum or the pedal won't operate correctly. I think it's primarily for the switch. I mostly use the switch for quick tack blasting, so don't use it there either. ;)

EDIT: Hah! I have it on my Primeweld also, never used it yet.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Firestom jetcar
    Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:13 pm

BugHunter wrote:
Firestom jetcar wrote:Hello from England!
Am l missing something?
Appears to me if you buy the entire kit, it comes with a footpedal. If you're wanting a finger switch, you'll just have to buy that separately.
Much of my work is on the pedal.
I have no problem purchasing a switch but without the upslope/downslope controls it’s not for me.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Firestom jetcar wrote:Much of my work is on the pedal.
I have no problem purchasing a switch but without the upslope/downslope controls it’s not for me.
You should contact CK Worldwide and ask them directly.

help@ckworldwide.com

CK is very responsive.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Firestom jetcar wrote:Much of my work is on the pedal.
https://store.cyberweld.com/rcremcon.html
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

That's a bit odd. I've looked at that machine before, but never noticed the lack of 2T/4T and upslope/downslope functionality. It does have a switch to toggle between remote and panel, so presumably the machine is torch switch friendly. I imagine it has some 2T upslope/downslope parameters hard-set into it for when you have a switch, but you'd think the manual would mention what they are, but I couldn't find it in there.

Agree with TTW that best bet is to contact CK. They'll get it sorted and let you know exactly what you need to know.