General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Chris G
    Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi all, can someone tell me what might be the problem with my Linde UCC-305 welder? The problem I’m having is the arc from the TIG torch does not intensify when I push the peddle down and stays at the lowest setting. I’ve checked the potentiometer in the peddle and seems to be working fine, I even put the two wires together that goes to the potentiometer and no difference. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Is there a switch that says remote or local?
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Poland308 wrote:Is there a switch that says remote or local?
Annotation 2020-09-06 164831.jpg
Annotation 2020-09-06 164831.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Richard
Website
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Poland308 wrote:Is there a switch that says remote or local?
Josh,

I looked at one of these at Auction about a year back, it had a large box that was connected to it for the Heliarc.

This is a BIG welder and uses a LOT of power. It looked much smaller online, so I was glad I didn't bid on it.

I will add this pic from the auction house when I went to pickup a machine. You can see the box and pedal on top, it needs the box for the pedal to work correctly, as I recall. It's about 4-1/2' deep, 4' high and 4' wide.

In Richard's pic he shows where the Panel/Remote switch is, but I believe you need the box/pedal for the Remote to work.

Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Chris G

Yes I do

Poland308

It needs to be in remote and you need the proper pedal or thumb control to adjust amps as you weld. Also even in remote and with a control you may still be limited by the max amp setting on the dial.

Josh
Chris G

Yes I believe it’s on the remote setting and the foot pedal is the correct one

Poland308

Try setting the amps on the machine to there max. Then try it. If it runs at full amps then , then you will know if the machine is actually switching into remote. However more likely that the potentiometer in the pedal is bad. Even though your moving the pedal motion it may not be actuating the pot. Recommend ( with the power off) opening up the pedal. Make sure any linkage or rubber belts are in place.

Josh
Chris G

I’ve tried all that but it still just starts the arc but no increase. The arc isn’t even hot enough to create a pool

Poland308

Then your going to have to use a multi meter to ohm out the pot.

Josh