General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Plenty to like except probably the price, not sure if it's available in the US yet.
LINK if you're interested, there is a 16 page brochure that tells all

3M™ Speedglas™ Welding Helmet G5-02 Part no 62 11 20

Launch date 1st September 2020

Curved ADF
Light state shade 2,5
Dark state 8-12 • 3M™ Speedglas™ Natural Colour Technology
Wide view 150 x 76mm. • Locked dark state 8-12
Four photo sensors
Bluetooth™ enabled ADF
Automatic ON/OFF
Slim welding helmet
Richard
Website
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Yeah, for that money I'd say it better come standard with one or two nude dancers.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Definitely expensive. They claim to be the greatest brand on the market, a claim I believe. But almost impossible for anyone except bigger businesses to afford.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I used to get a speed glass supplied by my old employer back in the late 90’s. Great helmet back then. No where near today’s Harbor freight high end. I’ve settled on the newer Lincoln helmets. Maybe not the top of the line but best I’ve had so far, that have held up to position work. Like the look of the new more narrow rounded masks. Maybe I’ll upgrade again in 5 years.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:15 am

I would like to hear more reviews on this helmet from people that already are using it. I have favored Speedglas over the years.
Thanks
"Be one with the weld"
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

invader28 wrote:I would like to hear more reviews on this helmet from people that already are using it. I have favored Speedglas over the years.
Thanks
I think you'll be waiting a very long time. Even I wouldn't buy it. And I buy anything, lol. :lol:
BugHunter

Oscar wrote:I think you'll be waiting a very long time. Even I wouldn't buy it. And I buy anything, lol. :lol:
DItto. :lol:
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

That's, what $1,600 in freedom bucks?? Crazy

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

I thought the Optrel Crystal was expensive!
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
    Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:15 am

At that price I think I'll pass!
"Be one with the weld"
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

Bluetooth ADF? I feel so weird saying this as I'm a 26 year old tech fanatic, but why the F does everything have to be bluetooth or wifi enabled these days?
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

sbaker56 wrote:Bluetooth ADF? I feel so weird saying this as I'm a 26 year old tech fanatic, but why the F does everything have to be bluetooth or wifi enabled these days?
+ 1 :D

I don't even know WTF bluetooth does................. :?

JayWal wrote:That's, what $1,600 in freedom bucks?? Crazy

Where did you get that price? I believe that my include the PAR system
Richard
Website
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Just from the link you posted, I was actually asking what the conversion to USD would be, I wasn't stating it. I have no idea what the conversion rate is, I just went with 2x

JayWal wrote:Just from the link you posted, I was actually asking what the conversion to USD would be, I wasn't stating it. I have no idea what the conversion rate is, I just went with 2x

I thought it was about $600 or so, but could be wrong, still very pricy
Richard
Website
BugHunter

sbaker56 wrote:Bluetooth ADF? I feel so weird saying this as I'm a 26 year old tech fanatic, but why the F does everything have to be bluetooth or wifi enabled these days?
The person who designed it obviously must have had a job at one point where they were not allowed to use their phone on the job. So to circumvent that, they designed a welding helmet that requires one in order to configure it and use it. Now in between welding beams they can play Angry Birds.