General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
drummerdimitri
    Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 am

I'm in the market for a professional welding table for a general metal fabrication shop.

I've found only two options to chose from locally and unfortunately, I will not be able to see the table in person prior to making the purchase decision as they can only be ordered on an individual basis.

That being said however, I'm not sure whether to go for the Siegmund System 16 table or the GPPH PRO traditional welding table.

I like the Plasma nitriding and the radiused edges and holes of the Sigmund so definitely better surface quality and harder table for long term durability.

The GPPH has 28 mm holes so it seems to be built for more heavy duty clamping jobs but I'm not sure that is really necessary.
Also, the wider sides can be advantageous in certain cases.

Price difference is around 2 k $ but with my budget of 10 k $, I could either buy the Siegmund table with a 54 piece kit or a GPPH with a 93 piece kit and a tool trolley.

Would it be wiser to get the better table now and invest in more tooling later down the line?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Siegmund. Unless you have the requirement for the extra heavy tooling, the Siegmund table will serve you exceptionally well. And they are extremely well made tables.
drummerdimitri

cj737 wrote:Siegmund. Unless you have the requirement for the extra heavy tooling, the Siegmund table will serve you exceptionally well. And they are extremely well made tables.
Not sure what you mean by "extra heavy tooling" but I will not be welding Industrial components.

Their System 22 seems to be the ideal compromise between the heavy duty system 28 and the light duty system 16.

Unfortunately, as the table gets more expensive, so does the tooling and that's why I can only afford the system 16 table.

Will that one be strong enough for most light to medium duty fabrication jobs? If so, I'm already sold!
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Yes, even medium heavy duty.

drummerdimitri wrote:
The GPPH has 28 mm holes so it seems to be built for more heavy duty clamping jobs but I'm not sure that is really necessary.
I believe CJ was referring to your comment that the GPPH has the larger holes for heavy duty tooling.
Richard
Website
drummerdimitri

I guess my doubts have been cleared then.

System 16 it is! :mrgreen: