General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

I have a job coming up, ill need to bend quite a bit of round tubing. Specifically 1-5/8" OD. But also have a few projects where it would be handy to be able to bend 1" square tube, up to 1.5" square.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tubing or pipe benders? I'd rather not cheap out on the Cheaper bottle jack style that Princess Auto (Canadian Harbor Freight) sells here. Looking some something more serious.

Id for sure like something with some kind of an angle stop that'll let me make multiple pieces the exact same angle. Id consider either manual or powered benders.

Any info or tips appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Swag Off Road Hulk tube roller with the appropriate die

Edit; After reading again I realize you're looking for a bender, not a roller.
Last edited by LtBadd on Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I have a Hossfeld clone that I made about 10 years ago. I also have a Rogue Fab unit that someone bought for me as a gift to do some work for him (he didn't know I had the Hossfeld).

The Rogue is nice, expensive, and I have disappointed in the company. But it works well and repeatably. I have made myself other dies because they are way too pricey and take too long to ship them (they subcontract them out anyway).

I find the Hossfeld to be the most versatile for size, shape and "power options". There's a decent YT video where I guy made a multi-purpose one (ring roller, tube bender, etc) for himself that I think looks the Bee's Knees. But at the end of the day, the Hossfeld is the most commonly-copied type I have seen.
Olecoot
    Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Trick tools sells tubing benders and the dies.

https://www.trick-tools.com/Tube_Pipe_Bending_125
Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character.
Camaro77
    Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 am

I own a JD squared model 3 it can do everything you want and need I have bent 1000's of tubes with it
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Camaro77 wrote:I own a JD squared model 3 it can do everything you want and need I have bent 1000's of tubes with it
Thats definitely a model I'm looking at. They've discontinued that model tho, pushing the model 32 instead.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I have a Woodward Fab bender. It works. Dies are inexpensive.
Olecoot
    Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Oscar wrote:I have a Woodward Fab bender. It works. Dies are inexpensive.
that looks exactly like my JD model 32. Cept its a whole lot cheaper. 8-)
Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Olecoot wrote:
Oscar wrote:I have a Woodward Fab bender. It works. Dies are inexpensive.
that looks exactly like my JD model 32. Cept its a whole lot cheaper. 8-)
Yup, definitely cheaper. I got it for $200 because I had a Norther Tool Gift card from a prior purchase. Dies used to be cheaper, but they're not outrageous either.