General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I may be absent for several days beginning Saturday. I will be attending a funeral, as far out in the sticks as you can imagine.

My wife's younger sister passed suddenly early Monday. I loved her as if she were my own sister. She was diagnosed with MD 40 years ago, and had the great blessing of never growing up, like Peter Pan. Sure, she went through puberty and physical adulthood, but she spent her whole life seeing the world with the wide-eyed wonder of a child.

What a gift!

Steve S
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Some might not see her lot in life that way, but you've provided a very compassionate and humane way of looking at her life. Some blessings really are in disguise.

R.I.P.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Very sorry for your families loss, Steve. My condolences.
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Steve, my condolences to you and your wife.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Steve, my condolences to you and your family.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
SPOKESY
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 am

My heart goes out to you and yours Steve
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm grateful to all for your thoughts and prayers.

This past week has been unusual, to say the least. I have served as a pall-bearer a few times before, but this was different. The graveside service was in a private cemetary, where many regulations do not apply. We pall-bearers (including my son, nephew, great-nephew, and cousin, as well as a friend of the family) lowered her into her grave manually.

I have to agree with my son; This was better closure than walking away from a tent and trusting the funeral home to do it.

Enough of the morbid thoughts. I've been awake for 26 hours, and driving for 20 of them. I'll be myself after some sleep.

Thanks again,

Steve S
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Welcome back.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.