General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Jbrannski
    Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Anyone have any experience with Simadre equipment?

I have a line on a Simadre Plasma Cutter 5200DX with tig and stick capability for $400. I can't find any reviews on it. I know it's Chinese made and I'm not too sure about their quality control. I'm a newb and I thought this might be a good starting point. Most of my work would be on a truck (frame work, bumpers, axles and tube) and trailers.

Thanks for any help.
Jeremy
brokeitagain
    Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 am

I have one of the simadre 3in1 machines you are talking about, I have had great luck with mine, with that being said. I would not attempt truck frame repairs with a machine like this, its good for light fabrication and hobby projects but I don't think its going to be a good or even OK machine for heavy work. Im probably one of the only members here that admits to owning one of these, it does do a nice job, if you get the SG-55 plasma torch expect it to fly through consumables,
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

IMG_1287.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG (79.82 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
My friend,
You do not want to buy that machine!!

I had one, and here's my story.
IMG_1288.JPG
IMG_1288.JPG (73.01 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
I bought this machine off CL.
I gave $350.
Came with tig torch, stick leads, and plasma torch.

And 2 argon bottles....
It was $%^#@& piece of junk on stick.
Could not burn a 7018 worth #$%&^%$!!!!!!!
Tig was worse....

It could plasma. really good.

More info next post.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

It plasma cut great.
After about a month of very light use, The plasma arc ( aka pilot arc) wouldn't fire.
It had a couple tiny blue sparks on the tip.

Bad high freak.

Scrap.

Don't buy that machine.

You'll regret it.

My 2 cents take it or leave it.

~John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
brokeitagain
    Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 am

I don't regret my purchase as I am only using it as a learning tool, I have already earned a return on the $400 I spent on this machine,

Yes,
I'm afraid you have a point.
Those "cheaper" machines, will make your money back faster than a "high priced" machine.

Heck,
I had a 88amp Flux cored 115 machine, prolly made me an excess of $2000.
I gave $200 for it, and sold it for $150.

Was it worth it???
Yes!!!

But....

~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Jbrannski

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to save the money and go with a miller or Lincoln of some sort after those replies and everyone's bad luck with Chinese made. Might as well buy something worthy now than buy cheap. Probably an XMT if I can find a used one in good shape. I like the idea of having a good mig machine as well.

Thanks again!
Jeremy

No matter how many "internet dislikes" I get, I'll still stick to the big 3.... :|

There's nothing like being able to call Larry, my friend down at Air Liquide whenever I have need a part for a machine.

If you watch, there will be some epic deals on used welders coming around.

If your at the right place at the right time, you might get one for free, like when someone upgrades.

Trust the brand that has been in business for over 80 years, with some of their first machine still in use!!!!

I personally, from now on will stick to simpler machines, less electronics, boards and fuses to go bad.

No one, after they purchase a high quality item, says, "Man! I wish I had bought some cheep piece of junk!!

No one says that.

"After the high price is forgotten, the quality will remain"....

My 2 cents.

~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Jbrannski

Well said John.

It's hard to find good prices on welders around here. Also I don't have any welding buddies. I use a miller XMT 304 cc/cv in class and I think it welds really well but then again I haven't used anything else besides a Lincoln sp135.
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

I tried a few of the 3-in-1 models (bad unit, return, another bad one), gave up. Bad units, excellent customer service.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff

Watch eBay. and CL....
There's been awesome deals.
Just get on eBay, type in what you want to find, search it, than when it comes up, just below the search box, there will be a green thing, says "follow", that will put that search in your eBay feed.
I, for example, Am looking for a Lincoln Invertec, So I follow that search.
You could do "XMT 304". Then future listings will come up in your eBay feed, then you don't have to search every week.

Good luck,
Good buys are out there, I've bought and sold close to 25 welding machines.

Made money on all of them.

Good luck,
~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024