General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Rjroxie
    Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Any thoughts or personal experience with one of these units? I have a small Lincoln SP-125 mig welder that I use for some things but I would like to have the ability to burn rods on some bigger stuff and after watching a lot of videos I would like to learn and have the ability to try tig welding. The three company's that I have been looking at is Longivity, everlast, and the ahp. The AHP seems to have more features at a lower price than the other 2, but only offer a 3 year warranty where the others both offer 5 year warranty.

Any and all thoughts or comments are welcomed.

Thank you
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

There's a handful of guys on WeldingWeb that bought and reviewed them....

Might check them out....

Can't beat $719 to your door. ;)

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Jody used their 110v mig and liked it so it that tig is built the same way, could be a good thing.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Rjroxie.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

I have had the AHP Alpha 200X tig welder for about a month now. I am not a welder, but have always wanted to learn how to weld aluminum since my high school welding class I had 40 some odd years ago. :o I can remember trying to do aluminum in class (they called it heliarc back then) and just burning a big hole in it! I have 2 aluminum boats and figured it was time. I couldn't justify the price of the red or blue boxes for what I wanted to do. It arrived in perfect condition and well packed. I don't have any experiance with welding any other type of tig welder, but this one seems to work pretty good. I have been practicing on some 1/8 pieces of scrap I got from work. I actually did weld a place that was broken on my old boat last night, and I can tell you that welding on a bench and welding standing up leaning over to reach what you want to weld are entirely 2 different animals! :lol:

Here is a picture of some of my practice welds on the first week of having the welder:

And here are some more recent welds. Not perfect, but definitely improving. Not as easy as Jody makes it look!! :D

Dave
Rjroxie

Thank you all for all of your reply's, I am not a welder either but I would like to learn, not sure I need to spend thousands either but this one did seem to have features that the others did, and at a lower price.

I would love to hear from others that have this machine also.

Thank you all again.

Big Red,

How did that machine do running stick???

Roxie,

There's a handful of these threads on these welders on WeldingWeb.
Might head over there and check them out.

~John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Roxie,

Here's some links,

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?36 ... ight=Alpha

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?35 ... ight=Alpha

Edit.
Just two threads.
There's more I'm sure.

Hope this helps,

~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Rjroxie

AKweldshop wrote:Roxie,

Here's some links,

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?36 ... ight=Alpha

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?35 ... ight=Alpha

Edit.
Just two threads.
There's more I'm sure.

Hope this helps,

~John
Thank you, I will look at them when I am at home, some sites are blocked at work, not sure why, we work in a steel mill and they block welding sites??

Thank You
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

AKweldshop wrote:Big Red,

How did that machine do running stick???
~John
Don't really have anything to compare it to. I just did a couple inches just to check the machine to make sure that portion worked.
Dragster Guy
    Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:19 am

I have had one for 3 weeks now and so far so good i like it. i also have the mig 140 it works well also.
Performance Metal Works
Pasadena MD