General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I wanted to throw this out here for everyone to chew on. xAZAZELx13 had stated that he will not post another welding video until the video posted below hits 5000 views. I like his videos as they show people like me that have no pipe welding experience what it is like and how they do things. I have used a few of his videos in my presentation on the benefits of mechanized orbital welding verses traditional stick welding. I have my opinion on the matter but just wanted to throw this out for others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LedXexR_I2o
-Jonathan
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:I wanted to throw this out here for everyone to chew on. xAZAZELx13 had stated that he will not post another welding video until the video posted below hits 5000 views. I like his videos as they show people like me that have no pipe welding experience what it is like and how they do things. I have used a few of his videos in my presentation on the benefits of mechanized orbital welding verses traditional stick welding. I have my opinion on the matter but just wanted to throw this out for others.
-Jonathan
I don't know this guy, but what you present raises questions about motivations...
If he's posting videos out of a love for the art and sharing knowledge, the viewership should not be a concern.
And if it's an economic venture, 5000 hits isn't enough ad revenue to be financially compelling.
But if it's about ego and popularity, then not having enough viewers would be reason to stop playing.
Or, maybe it's a clever attempt at viral marketing by inflaming people to debate, promoting his content!

I'd wager there was a time when Jody's videos struggled to get 5000 hits. Imagine what would never have been if he quit developing material back then. And I bet those same struggling videos are waaay beyond 5000 hits now.

You never know what'll take off. I did a blog where I disassembled and repaired a camera, and the pictures and notes were as much for my own reference than anyone else. The darn thing has seen like 70,000 hits. Similar for an Instructable I wrote on welding up an odd miter saw stand. All my other content, not so much. ;-) Good thing I'm not in it for the money or fame!

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
Tombstone
    Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

RichardH wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:I wanted to throw this out here for everyone to chew on. xAZAZELx13 had stated that he will not post another welding video until the video posted below hits 5000 views. I like his videos as they show people like me that have no pipe welding experience what it is like and how they do things. I have used a few of his videos in my presentation on the benefits of mechanized orbital welding verses traditional stick welding. I have my opinion on the matter but just wanted to throw this out for others.
-Jonathan
I don't know this guy, but what you present raises questions about motivations...
If he's posting videos out of a love for the art and sharing knowledge, the viewership should not be a concern.
And if it's an economic venture, 5000 hits isn't enough ad revenue to be financially compelling.
But if it's about ego and popularity, then not having enough viewers would be reason to stop playing.
Or, maybe it's a clever attempt at viral marketing by inflaming people to debate, promoting his content!

I'd wager there was a time when Jody's videos struggled to get 5000 hits. Imagine what would never have been if he quit developing material back then. And I bet those same struggling videos are waaay beyond 5000 hits now.

You never know what'll take off. I did a blog where I disassembled and repaired a camera, and the pictures and notes were as much for my own reference than anyone else. The darn thing has seen like 70,000 hits. Similar for an Instructable I wrote on welding up an odd miter saw stand. All my other content, not so much. ;-) Good thing I'm not in it for the money or fame!

Cheers,
Richard
I completely agree. AZAZEL claims that he posted or asked a question on Facebook about welding and didn't get any interested returns. So, he tossed his sippy-cup across the room and basically threw down an ultimatum for his viewers. That being the "5,000" viewers he's demanding etc. I personally UN-subscribed from his channel, because of that ultimatum.

I really don't understand his logic (ego) because he has some welding videos that have over 125,000 views!!!! He does produce damn good quality, no..... The "best" pipeline videos and somehow he's suddenly angry because of his Facebook viewers aren't pleasing him????

Really? :?: :?:
"Let's light the fire an' brief on guard.". RIP Lt. Col Stan "Red Dog" Nichols. USMC. Fighter Pilot. Korea, Vietnam. MCAS El Toro.