General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

And being that you guys mainly tig weld, your helmets look just like new after 5yrs of use, and you probably will never wear out one clear lens....A AD hood would work great for your guys work...

I can ruin a clear lens inside if a hour of stick welding, and melt a plastic hood in a good days time......
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I can imagine man, and me and my dad were talking about the downfalls of welding galvanized and dirty metal and how fast the smoke wrecks a lens. Like I said, the pipeliner helmet has stood the test of time, time and again, but I have absolutely 0 use for one right now, other than a conversation piece.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

GreinTime wrote:I can imagine man, and me and my dad were talking about the downfalls of welding galvanized and dirty metal and how fast the smoke wrecks a lens. Like I said, the pipeliner helmet has stood the test of time, time and again, but I have absolutely 0 use for one right now, other than a conversation piece.

Ok then...
We agree on one thing....different helmets for different applications....

Let's leave it at the personal preference side of things.

John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

Hmm my pipeliner works pretty well on tig!

I don't think one of those fancy autoshades would last me more than a month before it would be all broken. Cool deal though to those guys who weld and go home clean.
-Sean
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Do any of you have the ad lense in that "pipeliner" hood?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Adam's Got Skills
    Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I mean really does anyone ever go home clean? I just don't see it...I mean who doesn't go home with grinding dust in/behind their ears, dirt and grime all over (even from just touching steel), and more than likely some burns as well as being covered in sweat. I just don't see how any welder could go home "clean"???
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Or stained yellow from welding sleeves.....

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Adam's Got Skills wrote:I mean really does anyone ever go home clean? I just don't see it...I mean who doesn't go home with grinding dust in/behind their ears, dirt and grime all over (even from just touching steel), and more than likely some burns as well as being covered in sweat. I just don't see how any welder could go home "clean"???

It's more a figure of speech...

Guys that wear polos and khakies and have clean gloves and shiny new helmet, welding a little t-joint in stainless with a 9f tig torch....

That's what where referring to as "going home clean"....

Some guys, who repair stuff, fixing trucks and trailers, big grinders, torches and pipe wrenches, who get all dirty, and you have your buddy blow you off with a air hose, and have dirt in your ears and hair, and you have to wash your hands with fast orange 3 times to get all the grease and grime off, who burn up several pairs off gloves and dirty 1/2 dozen clear lens, EVERY DAY......

That's guys who go home dirty....

Big difference...

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AKweldshop wrote:
Adam's Got Skills wrote:I mean really does anyone ever go home clean? I just don't see it...I mean who doesn't go home with grinding dust in/behind their ears, dirt and grime all over (even from just touching steel), and more than likely some burns as well as being covered in sweat. I just don't see how any welder could go home "clean"???

Guys that wear polos and khakies and have clean gloves and shiny new helmet, welding a little t-joint in stainless with a 9f tig torch....

Some guys, who repair stuff, fixing trucks and trailers, big grinders, torches and pipe wrenches, who get all dirty, and you have your buddy blow you off with a air hose, and have dirt in your ears and hair, and you have to wash your hands with fast orange 3 times to get all the grease and grime off, who burn up several pairs off gloves and dirty 1/2 dozen clear lens, EVERY DAY......

Big difference...
If one is burning up several gloves and clear lens' everyday there is something seriously wrong......just saying.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:

Big difference...
If one is burning up several gloves and clear lens' everyday there is something seriously wrong......just saying.
-Jonathan

It can be done... :)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Adam's Got Skills
    Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I use the tillman I think (24c?) they are drivers gloves with a double stitch palm and full Kevlar stitch....for like $13 at the lws. I honestly only destroyed maybe 12 pairs in 1 1/2years. They are practically indestructible...an good for steel work, grinding, cutting, tig, mig, stick, and anything else I can think of.