General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Have you looked at their most recent manual to see if there is an internal circuit breaker? I know there was a troubleshooting section in the PDF of the manual for my PowerTIG 250.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
GreinTime

I just looked at the manual, there is a fuse that it talks about if the pilot arc wont light and it won't spark or start if you drag the tip of the plasma gun. Its not showing over current light or anything is it?
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I can't even get the stick to strike. No power even when I put a multi meter in the weld ports.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt

I have a single 30 amp breaker running it.
Matt
GreinTime

I personally would take the side cover off and trace the wires if they are exposed without taking more out than you should. The last thing you want to do is void the warranty due to getting overzealous in your explorations. That being said, if you can take one of the side covers off, I would see where the power wires go from the outlet in the back and the leads in the front.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

Got in touch with Everlast. I have to pay the shipping but I told them what it did they said send it to us and when we receive it we will send you out a new one for free. I just pay shipping both ways, no questions were ask. They were great to work with. I keep all the accessories that came with the machine, just send back the main unit. I am still going to purchase a new machine and get this one replaced. Relieved 8-)
Matt
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

mcoe wrote:Got in touch with Everlast. I have to pay the shipping but I told them what it did they said send it to us and when we receive it we will send you out a new one for free. I just pay shipping both ways, no questions were ask. They were great to work with. I keep all the accessories that came with the machine, just send back the main unit. I am still going to purchase a new machine and get this one replaced. Relieved 8-)

Good for you!!

Nothing wrong with a poor quality machine if it has good customer service!!! :? ........ :lol:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I got a call from a rep from Everlast and he talked me through the different models and we are gonna purchase a Power Tig 200DX and a Power Plasma 50 off of him and he is giving me a discount and has been a great person to deal with.
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Still have all that downtime to make up for...

Better turn-an-burn, baby! :shock:

Seriously, good customer service is priceless. I'd suggest budgeting for a backup machine, though. I don't care what color the case is, if you have only one machine, a failure shuts you down.

Steve S
winston weldall
    Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:34 pm

mcoe wrote:I have a single 30 amp breaker running it.
isnt that everlast rated at 50 amps?

mike

Steve we are sending this machine back on warranty to get replaced and the replacement will sit in the corner as a back up. We are purchasing the Power Tig 200DX and the Power Plasma 50 to be our full time machines. Still getting started and growing. We should get the new machines by the weekend and I have to have all my orders done by Monday because I start student teaching 2 hours from our shop. :cry: Good news is I am renting a house off my aunt and I think it may have a garage so I might be able to work still :)
Matt