General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Adam's Got Skills
    Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Is there anyway to get like AWS procedures of welds....Idk for doing 6010 root 7018 fill an cap on pipe...7018 structural steel...GTAW welds and stuff like that...An here's the kicker... An NOT pay $300 freaking bucks for the damn book! I'm trying to find even pdf files I can download but I can't find any without spending money that I don't have at the moment. I just really was trying to set up some confidence building real-life welding scenarios in my garage an then maybe do some bend tests or etch tests. But I'd kinda like to be able to look at some of the requirements to get an Idea of what bevels, amperage, electrodes/filler material, and any rules or anything per like a qualification scenario. Any help would be awesome. Any website containing downloadable materials would be bad ass thanks guys!!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Adam,
Here is a link to a copy of AWS D 1.1. It is out of date but most everything is there for what you are looking for.
https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr ... 1.2000.pdf
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Adam,
Here is a link to a copy of AWS D 1.1. It is out of date but most everything is there for what you are looking for.
https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr ... 1.2000.pdf
-Jonathan
That's "Looking out!" Just because it's "out of date" doesn't mean it's not practical.

The standards change in such very subtle ways that ten-year-old standards are valid to practice to.

Steve S
Adam's Got Skills

Very cool!!! I'm gonna check it out now! It's been a struggle AWS doesn't wanna give em away neither. The best I could find was a 250$ price tag
Adam's Got Skills

Sweet guys...That has like everything...Well that I need for now anyways!!! Perfectly priced as well