General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
hillbilly welder
    Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Here at work today we were amazed and very proud of Jonathan he got out of his office and away from his books and set a new record of welds produced by him in a single day. we counted at least eight, now this might not sound like much but lets consider it's four times more weld than he usually puts out :lol: lets all have a nice day and enjoy the holidays that's quickly approaching Thanks Tony
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

:o Congrats! :lol:
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Maybe he tries for quality over quantity, or he's ambitiously lazy and likes to get things done in a hurry so he can rest for the remainder of the day. :)

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

WOW!!!!! :o I am so proud of how far he has come. I strive to text him everyday and I think my advice has paid off. Tony with your help maybe we can get Jonathan to full weldor mode :lol:
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

be careful not to piss off the guy in the office.....
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

You can't make Jonathan mad, and even if you did he doesn't have enough power to do anything :lol:
Matt
hillbilly welder

we gave him a how to book on the proper welding technique but after looking at his welds I guess it's a good thing he stays in the office as much as he does. Although he is coming along nicely taking baby steps and all, and we feel we can bring him up to speed if we don't retire first. :lol:
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

You guys are soooo funny. :lol: You have to give me a little credit, I am only on my 4th week welding and I think I do a decent job. I figured today was as good as any to start using my book smarts. I am thankful that I have Tony, Matt and the other members of this forum to help me through my journey. It will be long I am sure but I will get there eventually. Todays goal was to do 4" welds instead of the 3" long welds I am used to. It took quite a bit of concentration but I was able to pull through it. I only had to have Tony come set my machine for me 3 times!! I am getting better for sure. I was also able to watch him lay a few flawless beads, what a inspiration! I am thankful that you are all so proud of me.

I do have a request though, can you please give me more books with pictures in them? Maybe even a pop up or two? I feel this would really help me learn better. Tony also has been showing me these weekly videos by a guy named Jody Collier. Ever heard of him before? What a swell guy. I sometimes have to watch his videos 3 or 10 times but It is starting to help. Maybe tomorrow they will let me out of the office again and I will get to do 9 welds in a day!!!
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:...I do have a request though, can you please give me more books with pictures in them?
If you want a subscription to Playboy Magazine for Christmas, just say so! As a male, you understand that hints just don't work on men. Not "subtle" hints. Not "obvious" hints. Just SAY it, damn it!

:lol:

Steve S
hillbilly welder

dont know about the pop ups but The crayons are getting introduced tomorrow :lol:

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:...I do have a request though, can you please give me more books with pictures in them?
If you want a subscription to Playboy Magazine for Christmas, just say so! As a male, you understand that hints just don't work on men. Not "subtle" hints. Not "obvious" hints. Just SAY it, damn it!

:lol:

Steve S
Well, that's not what I had in mind. I am sitting at the Library with the kids so that's where the picture books came from.

In other news, Tony, I have a bunch of grinding and torching YOU need to do tomorrow. Gotta watch making that "office guy" mad you know :lol: And then you can sweep up Kens area since he does not seem to be able to do it.
-Jonathan

hillbilly welder wrote:dont know about the pop ups but The crayons are getting introduced tomorrow :lol:
Giving him a set of temp sticks? ;)

Tell him to keep it inside the lines!

Steve S

Superiorwelding wrote:...Well, that's not what I had in mind. I am sitting at the Library with the kids so that's where the picture books came from...
Thus killing my next joke about "pop-ups"... :lol:

Steve S

Tony how did the soft chewy drool proof book go? M niece really likes those kind I figure that was about the right start for him. :lol: By the way since you are on grinder duty tomorrow because of him you can put a cut off wheel on it and cut the legs on his chair and wait for the crash might be funny :D
Matt
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Jonathan has a rolly chair in his office let's be real.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

Weld the cylinder solid that raises and lowers the chair. Just make sure it is really short or really tall :lol:
Matt

Matt,
Kinda blew the element of surprise don't you think? :lol:
-Jonathan

mcoe wrote:Weld the cylinder solid that raises and lowers the chair. Just make sure it is really short or really tall :lol:
Just Krazy-glue one wheel solid. Keep him going in circles.

Put crazy glue on his mouse for his computer then he will be walking around all day with a mouse on his hand. :lol:
Matt

GreinTime wrote:Jonathan has a rolly chair in his office let's be real.
@GreinTime,
You have a good memory my friend.

On another note, when you stopping by again?
-Jonathan
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I will be rolling through on the 23rd I believe in the evening at some point.... could be earlier in the day I'm not sure whether I actually have to go to school that day! You also have an unusual office layout... walk in, walk to the right, turn left and go around the long side of your desk, and then do an about face to get into your cubicle. I would have your desk that's on the right up against the wall and shift everything to the right so you don't have to take as many random steps. Then you could hide better!
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

Yeah, I had nothing to do with the layout. At least it takes someone some effort to get behind my desk though. It is kinda a pain especially when you read about it. :lol:
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:Yeah, I had nothing to do with the layout. At least it takes someone some effort to get behind my desk though. It is kinda a pain especially when you read about it. :lol:
-Jonathan
Perhaps this layout is more suited for the short-cut, to get "under" your desk?

Some bosses be like that... :roll:

Does your safety department issue knee-pads?

Okay, maybe that's "over the top"...

Your responses will tell me.

Well, since I am the safety department, no. The plus side is I can see whoever comes down the hall and right through my door so it is near impossible to sneak up on me. Unless you look through my window.
-Jonathan