General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
burnandreturn
    Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:34 pm

I recently ordered some things from the Weldmonger store. But the best was the two Tig fingers that came. I find I use the Tig fingers often when I am Mig welding on my rotary positioner. The Tig finger is on my right hand pinky and ring finger. I use this hand to steady the Mig torch. I have the extra large on my pinky and ring finger and that is resting on the flat table which is hot because I was doing mulitple passes on some 3 inch solid round to a flat round 1 inch thick disk. Then I put the single finger Tig finger on my index finger and let the tube forward of the torch grip rest on the Tig finger.

So Jody do I have your permission to use the Tig fingers while Mig welding?

Also when I received my package there was a bonus DVD included. You can imagine my disappointment when the disk contained welding videos! Damn, I thought it was going to be a music disk from Jody's son playing guitar! :(

What's up with that..........!!!!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I've used mine for mig before, but the spatter gets to it after a while. And it disintegrated when I put it through the industrial washing machine. Lol
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Works for stick as well.

IMO.
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG (51.65 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I didn't even have a TIG machine when I ordered my TIG Finger from Jody. I used it for MIG. Still do. Now that I have a TIG machine, I'll finally be using the TIG Finger for it's intended use. Wonder if I'll have to retrain it...
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
BWR
  • BWR
    Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 pm

I have used mine for a little bit of everything, probably things that I shouldn't have but it worked.

I see the TF in the store, I'm guessing that it's a heat resistance sock for a finger?
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:I see the TF in the store, I'm guessing that it's a heat resistance sock for a finger?
You got it, first guess out of the gate.

Neat device. Once you have one, you'll wonder how you got along without it all those years.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

ldbtx wrote:
LtBadd wrote:I see the TF in the store, I'm guessing that it's a heat resistance sock for a finger?
You got it, first guess out of the gate.

Neat device. Once you have one, you'll wonder how you got along without it all those years.

LDB
Well maybe, so this is used on the hand feeding the wire?
Richard
Website
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

used on what ever finger is propped on hot metal or which ever one that needs extra heat protection from a weld in progress.
Sometimes more than one or extra large one with 2 fingers in it.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)

rick9345 wrote:used on what ever finger is propped on hot metal or which ever one that needs extra heat protection from a weld in progress.
Sometimes more than one or extra large one with 2 fingers in it.
Makes sense, thanks. A lot of my welding isn't at high amps, although I do deal with some heat from time to time
Richard
Website