General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Only safety glasses I've found that will actually keep crap out of my eyes and not fog up are the Jackson Nemesis. I like 'em better than any goggles I've ever had. I use a Shade 5 for torch cutting and a clear for most grinding and all is well. I've spent 3 times as much on a vaunted pair of shooting glasses and had 'em fog up in the middle of my CHL re-qual. The target disappeared, and a 3-shot timed string drooped off toward 7:30. Shot a 247 instead of a perfect 250. That's a pisser. Next time I"ll just shoot with the clear Nemesis.

Anyway, spent about 4 and a half hours on the torch this morning on a friend's project and the Nemesis never even hinted at a fog-up with about 85% humidity. YMMV, but they work better for me than any goggles.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

@LDB

Thanks for the suggestion , but I've given up on glasses. Much of the grinding I do use air tools ( with front exhaust ) and into " blind " area, so I need 100% cover.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

@LDB THANK YOU for the suggestion. I WILL be getting a pair!
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I can give my recommendation to the Jackson Nemesis glasses as well.

I use the shade 3 and 5 ones with oxy-fuel work at home, and bought a pair of clear ones to use at work since they were expecting us to use the ancient and scratched up large glasses.
My employer saw them and bought a set for all the techs that didn't need something that went over prescription eye glasses.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

hey_allen wrote:I can give my recommendation to the Jackson Nemesis glasses as well.

Same here! Any time I'm grinding, drilling, or doing anything where something could potentially fly at my face, I have the jackson nemesis glasses on. I have about 10 pairs, I've opened 4 pairs or so, and I just have them laying all around the garage, so that I don't ever not use them because "I don't want to go find them right now for something real quick"