General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Brett Henderson
    Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Hey everyone i just ordered a SIMABRE dc tig/stick 200 amp welder dpes anyone have any info om these machines hopefully besides i wasted my money im huge on not buying non american products but just cant afford a high dollar rog this one was 350 which i know is cheap for a tig rig it has 1 year warrenty so just preying its good enough for me to practoce on pipe and walking the cup for taking pipe test

Brett Henderson wrote:Hey everyone i just ordered a SIMABRE dc tig/stick 200 amp welder dpes anyone have any info om these machines hopefully besides i wasted my money im huge on not buying non american products but just cant afford a high dollar rog this one was 350 which i know is cheap for a tig rig it has 1 year warrenty so just preying its good enough for me to practoce on pipe and walking the cup for taking pipe test
Hi Brett, welcome to the forum
I hadn't heard of this machine until now, I believe you're talking about Simadre welders. If nothing else you could google "simadre welder review" and see what turns up.

After you get the machine and use it for awhile please post a review in the "product review" forum

Richard
Richard
Website
Captainbeaky
    Fri May 29, 2015 6:00 pm

$350 - that is cheap...
Brett Henderson

Ight well after asking around at work i came across a co worker who has the same machine i went to test it out and ot actually works really great it produces a very nice stable arc i ran bead and s at approximately 115-125 amd the thermal protection light never came on so i guess thats good its rated 60% at 200a amps im not sure if i recommend this machine or mot yet once i get mine and put it through some test and run it for a while ill let everyone know how she does and post sme pics
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If it'll burn at 125A continuously, you'll never have a problem with a 1/8" rod. If it's an inverter, you should give it a try with a xx10 or xx11 rod. Many inverters do not like these rods unless there's a switch to set for it.

A 5/32 7018 rod only needs 140-155A, so you can probably weld these all afternoon without overheating it, if it's actual 60% at 200A.

Let us know how it goes. The price is certainly reasonable.

Steve S
Brett Henderson

Yea ill never use 200 amps i started to get a thermal arc 95 tig because ots a lil better brand or atleast its a lil more common but i wanted a machine with higher amps because of a higher dudty cycle and i also wanted to beable to atleast get to 125 amps. Why would it not burn 60's as well??? But also like u said steve im not real sure on how accurate that duty cycle is.. just have to weld and time it to see just how ture she is.. ill keep yall posted .. if that machince passes my lil test then it would be a great buy for 350i yall check em out on ebay
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

What does the machine look like?
http://www.simadrestore.com/siti20tidcin.html
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Best of luck. :|
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Brett Henderson

How can i post a picture? ?

What is the MMA function?
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:What is the MMA function?
That's European for "stick welding".

And, no, I don't know what all the letters are short for... My best guess is "Manual Metal Arc"

Steve S
Bugel
    Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 pm

You are right steve..here in the philippines we call it either Manual metal arc or SMAW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool. I see your new password worked. I assume you've reset it, since?

Yeah I new "MMA" was stick-welding, but was guessing at the exact meaning. In the states, it's officially called SMAW, but everyone who does it just calls it "stick".

Steve S
Bugel
    Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Nope i haven't change it yet..big thanks for helping me recover my old account..

Anyway ive seen a local seller here selling similar to brett's machine.http://olx.ph/item/simadre-tig-mma-puls ... 9386.price tag is 38,000 pesos about 800 USD..wow very expensive! You guys are lucky,it will cost both arms and legs if you buy here either lincoln or miller :cry:
Brett Henderson

Yea i believe mma stands for manual metal arc. Which makes no sense to me because whether is smaw gmaw fcaw or gtaw there all manual processes unless your useing automation (robotic welders)

Has any seen any videos on a simadre? I cant find any on youtube as soon as it comes in i will post some with tig and stick for everyone as long as u dontmake fun of ny welding abilities haha!!
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Stick used to be called smaw here in oz but it got changed to mmaw I believe in deference to the mig processes which does have the semi auto capability of making constant adjustments as you move the gun in and out to keep a constant arc length. Personally I think smaw is more descriptive.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Coldman wrote:Stick used to be called smaw here in oz but it got changed to mmaw I believe in deference to the mig processes which does have the semi auto capability of making constant adjustments as you move the gun in and out to keep a constant arc length. Personally I think smaw is more descriptive.
That makes sense. Also, GMAW, GTAW, and SAW are shielded processes, as well, and SMAW doesn't actually say "shielded with goop on the rod". Not that anyone was confused by that, except probably some engineers somewhere who demanded more "precise" wording...
:roll:

Steve S
Brett Henderson

Steve, i was looking on " what i welded today " n saw the pic of the long tank. What type of tank was that with the recessed fixture?? I repair tank cars an never seen that..i just thought it was cool

Brett,

If you copy the link info for the topic, I can be a lot more specific, but I work with vacuum-insulated tanker trailers.

The picture you're referring to is likely a liquid hydrogen tanker.

Think "huge Thermos bottle", with two concentric containers. The inner one holds the product, and the outer one is for insulation. The inner one is wrapped with 200 layers of alternating mylar and tissue for superinsulated vessels (Hydrogen and oxygen service), or the space between is filled with pearlite (for LN2, LAr), and we suck all the air out of the space between them.

Steve S
Brett Henderson

Oh awesome i enjoy learning about new things thanks for sharing info thats alot like a rail car its basically a tank within a tank.. some cars arerr wraped with 4 or 6 inch insulation
Brett Henderson

Ok so for those folks wondering the machine for 350 " simadre" works great i loce it produces very stable arc, i tiged for 6u hours the first day at my 115 amps and the air cooled torch got hot but i never ran out of my duty cycle.... it also does great woth 7018 8018 309 and 6010the only down side os the leads are short for stick amd ground so i got cable and soliced them... the tig lead ks 15 ft so thts i recoman it for anyone great nachine for the price
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Brett Henderson wrote:How can i post a picture? ?
Have a look at this thread:
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =25&t=3755
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc