General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

BensJamming wrote:
Bill Beauregard wrote:I have three words for you: Miller Cool Band. They are available in two varieties; belt filter, and back of the head filter. They aren't cheap, but you'll like them. I use a hair dryer to warm the helmet first if the weather is cold.
I have seen these before but unfortunately like I mentioned I have to wear a hard hat at all times, even while wearing my welding helmet. So that fact that both the cool belt and band both use a special helmet "HEADGEAR" that will not work with a hard hat these options are not available to me....

Thanks for the suggestions, and would like to get one to be able to have the rechargable batteries all that already set up for me this is simply not an option unless you know how to make it work within a hardhat.

Bit of a thread mine...

Ever looked at a AH series 3M racal helmet, you can get clip on welding AD unit for them... it'll give you filtered air protect your face while grinding and a welding shield all at the same time. Not cheap but they are one of the best head/respiratory protection you can get.
walller
    Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:21 am

theMucker wrote:
TIG Helmet (6).jpg
When I have to weld under my project car, sweat and body heat conspire to fog up my glasses AND the helmet glass in about 2 seconds. I tried FOUR different anti-fog products and NONE of them even slowed up the fogging. So I've installed two small, 12 volt "muffin fans" onto my TIG helmet. They blow fresh air at my temple area and behind my glasses and shield glass. Problem solved!
And the fans even look kinda cool.
What I'm wondering is that this problem must be common enough that the industry should be making and selling these things long before now.
That's brilliant! Exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to try this.