General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Its getting to be really annoying now. Every section has his bull shit in it now. Please clean it up.
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

In defense of Jody - it is not his doing. He offers this forum for free. I don't get any ads (but since Firefox is used it is hard to know if his website is self-supported or has ads).

The problem is with the spammers. Write your congressperson, and while at it, write to China, Africa, and Eastern Europe as well.

"Please clean it up" in a command sort of way?? Maybe you could volunteer to be the spam moderator on this site. It would be better than having spam taking a working man from his living. Jody is a guy that maintains this site to educate and humor the rest of us while trying to also put food on the table.
Greg From K/W

I'm not upset at any one or trying to point a finger just wanted to point out that sweeping up that garbage should be done is all. Ads ya no problem but for someone posting about fake watches and junk it should have been taken off faster than it has been. I appreciate the work Jody does around here. He does a great job with the videos and stuff. I appreciate that and look forward to getting more info when I need it.
Greg From K/W

Oh and if he needs help to clean that idiot out of here I would be happy to help out in any way I can. PM me no problem at all. I would be happy to help out around here. Just let me know.
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

Some info about another site.

I post on another site where we occasionally (now) get this sort of junk.
What the site administers did was, they stopped ANYONE from registering with gmail addresses. I noticed on a few there is a 'google.ru' link. gOOGLE is getting out of hand, and I use @hotmail now. FWIW -corn-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
red racer
    Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Hold on I have a google address I am liget....47 yrs welding...30 yrs in welding biz....R/R :mrgreen:
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

red racer said
Hold on I have a google address I am liget....47 yrs welding...30 yrs in welding biz....R/R :mrgreen:
Good folks use gmail also.

The spammers MOSTLY use gmail and good folks suffer for it. If one looks at who (or what) is online here (and elsewhere), occasionally there is a google bot (or other search engine bots) looking at EVERYTHING!

The problem elsewhere:

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=25135

-corn-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
turbo388
    Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Here's one example...
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/s ... 0&sr=posts

Posts look sorta like english at first glance, but if you look at them in context, it's just auto-generated keyword crap.