General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
josephchambers
    Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:09 am

We have a small electrical shop in Toronto. We deals with production and repairing of power supply devices like UPS, batteries etc. Recently We got some good projects. But we don't have enough resources to complete this project. So we are thinking of consulting some metal fabricators in Toronto for it. I think we can handle the rest of the work. Is it profitable? Otherwise we have to start a metal fabrication shop of our own. Which will be the best option. I am expecting your replies
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

I ran across a big electrical company that did the work on a Malt-O-Meal and they had their own fabricators in the field working. I thought it was kinda odd but the guys told me they were doing such big jobs that it was more profitable to have the welding crew. If things get slow it opens up another field to try to make some cash also. I don't consider this the best advise but it's something I never thought of before I came across it myself. I'm no expert, just my observation. :)

I don't believe anyone can give you the answer your looking for with the information provided. If you're considering the option of starting your own fab shop you must have ongoing work to justify such an endeavor.

Why not send your item(s) out for a quote vs what it would take to start a fab shop
Richard
Website
josephchambers
    Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:09 am

Thank you for the replies
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

I am a Metal Fabricator in Florida and I will work for Tim Horton's, Triple, Triple please.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla