General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I recently bought a new home (Pittsburgh, Pa.) I have a 25' x 15' detached garage where I do all my hobby fab work. The humidity is high in this garage. Although I do my best to keep all my stuff with exposed surfaces (lathe,welding table.....etc.) wiped down I have noticed some things rusting that never rusted before. There is no heat in this garage. The weather has been much warmer than usual.........a lot of rain and some snow. I just bought a new HTP Invertig 221.............is humidity a problem for a inverter based TIG machine. I plan to get this heated and maybe get a dehumidifier in there.

Any haelp is appreciated!!!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi,

Just put the tig in your bed room. I sure the wife wont mind.

Mick
NT Unique

I;m in the northern of australia and it gets real friggen humid up here for months on end. All my welders are inverter units, and have not had any humidity related problems with them. However they are used pretty much daily so the get nice and warm. However the humidity will cause havoc with other stuff like your filler, parts, even up your gas lines. I now put plugs on the end of my tig cups after using to stop the humid air from settling into the gas lines.
jhonlarry12
    Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 am

i live near the see side and at all the see sides there is a lot of humidity .. thanks for your experience!! :)