General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Maybe just a bike rack if it's not a joke.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Coldman wrote:Maybe just a bike rack if it's not a joke.
Otto Nobedder wrote:Good God!

Is that a Massachusetts plate?

What the hell did he pull to Alaska on THAT? :shock:

Steve S
It's for real, a member on weldingweb saw it near him.
I just copied the pic from weldingweb.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
nathan
    Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Good god, Mick. That first picture you posted reminds me of a bumper repair I did. The guy had welded it JUST like that picture and ACTUALLY PULLED SOMETHING WITH IT! I was mad when I saw it, and made him let me grind it out and weld it in right. His exhaust looked the same too, only it was about three inches wide and a quarter inch thick. That kind of thing kinda makes me sick.
Instagram: @nathanppiatt

Owner/welder at Homegrown Metal Fab

Lincoln Weld-Pak 125 HD
Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
Lincoln Port-a-torch
30" 40 ton homegrown press brake
Northern Industrial1HP 3/4" chuck, 16 speed drill press
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

AKweldshop wrote:Image

Good to see some quality work from inside a nuclear reactor power plant for a change. Where is it, so I'll know not to visit.
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
jlfxdwg
    Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 am

DSC07262.JPG
DSC07262.JPG (160.68 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
Found this on a trailer at work. Scoliosis of the weld. OMG. Let the comments roll in. Steve, please reply.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

jlfxdwg wrote: Found this on a trailer at work. Scoliosis of the weld. OMG. Let the comments roll in. Steve, please reply.
I'll start with, "This was not me!" and "This was not done here!" You'll note many comments scrawled on the piece, by people who would be deeply ashamed of a result like that.

A study of the backside, thanks to sugaring and lack of penetration, shows this is the result of a nightmare fit-up, patched with a nightmare repair consisting of an over-sized wedge of material jammed in and buried under the mess in the picture.

This is yet another example of the turds we polish every day. This was cut out, and done right. (We buy turd-polish in 55-gallon drums.)

If you've not figured it out yet, jlfxdwg works at the same place I do. It would be inappropriate for me to say more, so I'll leave it to him to use the "Member Introduction" section, or not, and share what he feels comfortable with.

Steve S
DeepSouthWelder
    Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 am

If you guys are on Instagram this whole page is a prime example of what the hell were you thinking.
Attachments
image1.PNG
image1.PNG (675.23 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Instagram : natecreel1050_

DeepSouthWelder,

I appreciate the fails you've shown.

I should have emphasized, the weld I commented on was in liquid hydrogen service... :shock:

Admittedly, it was on the vent side, but this is NOT a service you put rookie welders on.

Steve S
DeepSouthWelder

Otto Nobedder wrote:DeepSouthWelder,

I appreciate the fails you've shown.

I should have emphasized, the weld I commented on was in liquid hydrogen service... :shock:

Admittedly, it was on the vent side, but this is NOT a service you put rookie welders on.

Steve S
Your very welcome Steve and liquid hydrogen is very dangerous stuff :o

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

You've seen the Toyota commercial where they use a 50 foot chain, and chain up to a big tree stump. By the time the chain is tight, he's doing about 15 MPH. The stump violently leaps out of the ground. THAT AIN'T REAL!
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I had a guy borrow a smoker from me, a very heavy one, and when he came to get it he didn't have a hitch, just a bumper pull, and I told him he was going to bend his bumper, he said no problem and left...when he brought it back his bumper was bent, not as bad as Johns picture but bad. Now he is crying that he has to buy a new bumper. I warned him...I should have just handed him his "sign".
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

NO WAY! Can anyone be that stupid? How do people this dumb even get drivers lisences?
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
DeepSouthWelder

Words cannot explain the stupidity and the amount of planning that was NOT put into this " hitch "

Okay, now I kind-of want to do one like that.

Not actually hook it up that way, of course, but put all that crap on it so it "LOOKS" like that's how it's held on.

Just to see people's reactions. Especially when I'm pulling something like a yard of creek gravel.

:lol:

Steve S
nathan
    Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I need something like that on the mustang.
Instagram: @nathanppiatt

Owner/welder at Homegrown Metal Fab

Lincoln Weld-Pak 125 HD
Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
Lincoln Port-a-torch
30" 40 ton homegrown press brake
Northern Industrial1HP 3/4" chuck, 16 speed drill press
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Some people must eat a bowl of stupid each day for breakfast.

Well of course that's going to fail. Look how many holes are still there with no screws in them
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

TRACKRANGER wrote:

Well of course that's going to fail. Look how many holes are still there with no screws in them

Lol
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

TRACKRANGER wrote:

Lol...more self tappers are definitely required
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

GWD wrote:Alright, who gave you the photo and threw me under the bus?

I just need a little more practice. Plus, the weld was "out of position". And it held!!! No problem, man. :lol:
Right on! One of my 'favorite' things that folks tell me is "it don't look good, but it will hold". Makes me want to pull out eyeballs.
Gary
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:Okay, now I kind-of want to do one like that.

Not actually hook it up that way, of course, but put all that crap on it so it "LOOKS" like that's how it's held on.

Just to see people's reactions. Especially when I'm pulling something like a yard of creek gravel.

:lol:

Steve S
Now ...I think you are really on to something!LOL!

When I used to do a lot of artsy work, I would often add things like wire wraps to hide welds; which is what was really holding the structure together!

Great idea for some laughs, Steve! But I doubt it will enhance any side business you want to generate!
Gary :D
pscampsr
    Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:27 am

Turn up the gas, there is a hurricane out here! :mrgreen:
PSCampSr

America will be free until the electorate discovers that it can feed at the public trough.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (52.16 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (50.5 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
I was doing some pipping for a farm service company. And from there shop area inside behind closed doors I could here snapping and popping. After 3 days one of there guys brings out this 40 ft long platform of bar grating that had 1 leg on each corner for us to use as his loading platform. I had to ask him if it was ok for me to add a few extra supports due to the weight of my pipe. :shock:
I have more questions than answers

Josh