General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Ken
  • Ken
    Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:24 pm

ladies and gentlemen I am officially no longer a welder :( the city of Va beach screwed me out of the welding job that I was actually qualified for and hired a guy that cuts trees, so i told them i retired, took an early retirement, you can one screw a guys so many times before he leaves you with 400 work orders that nobody else knows how to fix
Yes I still have my 70/50 century .035 flux core aqnd my Lincoln, but now instead of every day all day for ungrateful suits that don't care, I do it on eh side.
the city is so corrupt they even broke into my personal locker and stole my helmet and three pair of pants while I was on a month leave.
anybody thinking of going to work for the city of VA beach keep in mind, to get promoter it requires no knowledge of the job, just be an asshole and go to lunch for a year with the mean on the interview panel
I'm currently looking for a job, I live in Rich square NC
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Good luck.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Good luck. I head you man. Same thing happened to my dad. Worked with radios his whole life with cellular companies. He was in his fifties when he got laid off from a cellular company that happens to use the yellow color. He went to look for work and couldn't get anything. He'd apply for a government radio job, but some guy would get hired who couldn't tell the difference between an antenna and a stick because he was cheap. When you have experience you cost money. He finally found a job though pushin papers but at lest it is something. Again good luck and I'm sure you'll figure out something.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
clavius
    Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Good luck on the new venture. I don't imagine you are the kind of guy to sit around feeling defeated. Betting that before long you will look back and see that they actually did you a favor. Hang in there.
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Being qualified for the job is no longer a requirement. It's how deep your willing to take it that matters.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Go get yourself some business cards made up and go pass them out to all the local auto repair shops. Tell all your friends to introduce them to any business owners they know who may need your kind of services. You'll have side work rolling your way in no time. Even after you find another job it probably won't be too long before you're making more cheddar on the side than you do at work.
Good luck brother!
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT