General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So I'm thinking about having a buddy of mine embroider my name into my welding jacket. I just had a thought that this may turn out bad. Would regular thread be okay to use or would I risk lighting it up since it's kind of loose thread. Any experience/reccomendations.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

If you are really concerned about it use nomex thread like we use on the racing uniforms.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Nothing like a good jacket fire to keep you on the cutting edge..If you ain't never been on fire before, you haven't mig welded. Use ALL your senses while welding :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Ahhh! The smell of burning denim in the morning. 8-)
I have more questions than answers

Josh
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

"Hey check it out, I'm on fire" me on more than one occasion.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

exnailpounder wrote:..If you ain't never been on fire before, you haven't mig welded. Use ALL your senses while welding :lol:
Or acetone wiped with your welding gloves on... :lol:
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Just don't get "Slag Daddy" embroidered on there

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

As my old instructor once said "If you see someone on fire, as a professional courtesy, please put them out.".

Just use a sharpie. Most greens don't last that long. Some dudes even do all that fancy Affliction stuff too!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

AndersK wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:..If you ain't never been on fire before, you haven't mig welded. Use ALL your senses while welding :lol:
Or acetone wiped with your welding gloves on... :lol:
Anders, I saw your pics on Instagram. Funny, you look a bit like I thought you might. That's unusual, because I'm usually very wrong.

Have you posted to "The Rouges' Gallery" here? I think exnailpounder started that one...

Steve S

He he, you started that one Steve. ;)
I'm on page 16
You certainly have a face memory :lol:

I finished listening to your podcast yesterday and "ya did gooood" . Found it as good listening to you as reading your posts.

I've been told I have a face for radio...

Did I really start the rouges' gallery? It's been so long since I've seen it posted to, that I've forgotten. I do like putting a face to a name, especially here, where it's unlikely I'll ever get the chance to shake more than a few hands of our members. You certainly looked happy in the pic in Palm Cove.

Thank you for your kind words on my podcast episode. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on that, certainly more than I expected. So far, no one has commented that I sound a bit intoxicated at the end (It takes over three hours to get enough useful talk for a one-hour show).

Steve S

Well, somanabitch... I DID start the Rogues' Gallery. Going to have a look at page 16, and compare it to the recent IG photo...

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:So far, no one has commented that I sound a bit intoxicated at the end
Can't say I heard that, however was more than halfway thru a six-pack myself at the end ;)
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
So far, no one has commented that I sound a bit intoxicated at the end

Can't say I heard that, however was more than halfway thru a six-pack myself at the end ;)
AndersK

as we age we go from drinking games to drinking podcasts.. somethings wrong here..lol
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil