General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
h24
  • h24
    Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 am

I tried to do some research before purchasing this unit. I thought it seemed like it was going to be fine, but then I see alot of problems with the earlier units. I thought maybe having the plasma would be a good idea. But after reading about problems with the combined units, I'm kinda worried. It is on its way and to be delivered in a couple days. But now I'm thinking I should have went with just the 250ex. Are the old problems with the combo units still happening with their current models?
Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Was looking into this machine before I realized I don't have much need for the plasma and it looks like they've gotten over the issue of the earlier machines. Most of the issues I've seen from newer machines have just been people running little pancake compressors for the air source. It's basically just a 250EX that will plasma cut.
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)