General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
tjmack321
    Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Hello yall,

I have a Lincoln 210MP which has a 3 prong 240V plug on it. The closest receptacle I can plug it into is the one for my oven which is a 4 prong 240V receptacle. I found what appears to be a adapter, but wanted to verify that it is safe to use. Here is the link:

3 prong to 4 prong converter

I used the "chat" feature on the Lincoln website and the guy gave me a part number (T12153-10) but that just looks like a 4 prong plug if you are making your own power cable (he also said it may or may not be safe and that I should consult an electrician lol. Probably shouldn't be handing out advice if he doesn't know).

So will this adapter in the link work? Or does anyone have a better solution?
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

The one I use looks just like it.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Well he was correct in making his disclaimer when they chatted with you, because here you are not 100% how to go about things. :) :lol:

That adapter looks like it will work, as the lower straight blade is likely the "spot" for the neutral wire that is not needed for a 240V 1-Φ welder.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

The 4th post is just for a dedicated common leg in addition to the ground. Not necessary for your machine so the adapter is the way to go.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

It can meet the function you want, but the 8-3 size wires means it is good for about 40 amps max. What is the input current draw on your welder?
The same thing with 6 gauge wires would be better for 50 amp plugs. You might look at miller part number 300517. Not sure if it is 6 gauge or not, but you can ask.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!