General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
burnttoast
    Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:28 am

Hello all, when I'm welding, sometimes the overhead lighting infiltrates into my hood from above. Do they sell a apron or cover that I can put over my hood to prevent this? Thanks
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Optrel sells one that attaches to the upper lip of their helmets, I don't know if you'd be able to adapt it to yours. Sometimes it helps, sometime it doesn't. Your head would have to be upright (or facing down) all the time, since it is heavy enough that, if you tilt your head, it will drop down due to it's own weight, thereby re-exposing the back of your head to overhead lighting.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Yep most companies sell those for their hoods and a lot for generic style. Most use a combination of stick on Velcro and elastic loops around the nuts on the side of helmet. I've also made my own out of an old welding hood. What kind of shield do you have?
drizler1
    Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:37 pm

A shop rag taped or stapled to the front of the helmet will do as well. Moreover it’ll give your bald spot a break from flying bbs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk