General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
hammer
    Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:14 am

I would like to thank Jody for this great forum, I am learning a lot from it and the video. Keep up the good work. Moe.
AC 225 Lincoln
125 turbo Telwin (mig)
Air Liquide T 160i Lift (tig) With SSC Controls (The best foot pedal)
Ready Welder II Model #10250
Hot-Knife Purox pane/oxy
12” X 36” Atlas lathe
HF mill
etc.......
Rbeckett
    Mon May 10, 2010 7:01 am

Hammer, I;m with you. Jody puts a lot of time effort and expense into this endeavour so I give the dude two thumz up just for the effort he puts out in addition to holding a job and taking care of a family.
Bob
milt
    Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Add me to the list. I've been on a lot of welding sites and seen a bunch of You tube (where I first spotted WT&T.com) and he is the best to watch and listen to.
I'm just an interested hobbiest, but if I were a pro, I'd be here still.
papasloan
    Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Yes, Thanks Jody. I like the way you weld. Straight forward no BS. I wish I had gone to welding classes earlier in life. I apreciate your videos they are very informative and give me something to shoot for.
Lots of tools to make things.
Manjimike
    Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:50 am

For someone like me trying to refresh and upgrade, it is brilliant - Thank you

Cheers
Mike
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Darn, I can't understand how I missed this thread earlier. I like to chime in my admiration whenever a thread like this shows up.

Jody has certainly helped to improve my welding skills and technique with his instruction. It is much appreciated. He knows how to get straight to the point and the areas for emphasis. By showing his own (minor) errors it is easy to relate to his instruction and we "less than perfect" welders feel a personal attachment to him.

He is the kind of guy that one wishes that he lived around the corner.
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

My Turn!
I feel like a kid at Christmas when his videos show up in my inbox! The manner of instruction and the video shots of the welds are unmatched! Jody, you really need to write a book and get this stuff down permanently!
I have learned so much from the message board and this forum as well!
Thanks Jody!
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I cannot help but say I agree whole hardheartedly guys. Jody puts in simple for forgets the gobblety gook that others try and dazzle you with and bang you have to facts. I appreciate that. I also have to say I love the tig fingers that I got from ya. I pull them out when ever I fire up a welder now. Thanks a bunch Jody. Have a beer on me brother.

Nuts where is that buy me a beer button? I can't find it. (Other Sites have that Jody would be a way for guys to show you they appreciate the hard work you do)
emlclcy
    Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:59 pm

i'm a total novice crap welder at the moment, i found this site from youtube. i love his 2T 4T video had me in stiches with his girlfriend advice!!
just put my order in for a couple of tig fingers

now back to welding more grey stainless beads;(

carl from rainy england
jedison
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 am

i am new at welding and i have so far got most of my knowledge from this community. i really thank Jody for putting so much effort to be able to maintain and keep the site updated also to all the people who take time answering questions and sharing their knowledge for other members here. i do hope that this site will have continued support and that we may have more valuable inputs from one another so that we may learn more regarding our interests.More power! :)
spiritwalker
    Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Jody,

Just a quick note to say thanks for such great videos. As a fairly new welder (less than 8 years experience) I find your tips and tricks videos very helpful. Thanks again
Nitrax
    Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:57 pm

We often hear so many negative things about the Internet. For sure, if you are looking for crap, y'll find it! For me the Internet is a vehicle of intelligence and knowledge (I wonder how I could do without in the past...) Thanks to people like Jody and all the others who contribute to it by sharing their know-how. Thanks to all!
spiritwalker
    Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

The videos are a great resource for any welder. Thanks for the information.
Buford
    Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 am

I also would like to say thank you for the work you have put into your web site & videos. It seems to me that there just isn't a lot of guys in industry that want to show new guys anything usefull (maybe they are afraid of being showed up if they tell their secrets). Im a recent grad of a JC welding school & I only THOUGHT that I knew how to TIG pipe when I left there. Its prety clear to me now that my instructers couldnt give me an honest apraisal of my skills in welding pipe because, (through no fault of their own) they have spent way more time in classrooms than in industry. So, again, Thanks.
smytheng
    Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Jody
I am only starting out in the welding game and I want to tell you that when I found your website it was the best thing that could have happened.The videos are so informative and easy to follow and in plain simple language that everyone can understand. It makes all the difference to someone like me to be able to see in detail how it should be done and to where I need to get to.So a big thank you for all the effort you put in.

Regards
Leatherwelder
under the hood
    Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 am

I to would also like to thank jodi. I have been welding for approximately 20 yrs mostly stick 7018 about ten yrs into that i purchased an millermatic175, within the last yr a diversin 180 ( I realy like tig, im self taught with help from Jodi's vides that is) and just bought up a hypertherm plasma cutter,man is that thing awesome :) and last but not least a very nice horizontal band saw. I tell ya with this site and jodi's videos a man could pretty much do anything if he realy wants to!So Jodi thank you and keep up the great work. I cant express enough how nice it is to have someone that speaks on our level and not above us!!!!
O12LDY
    Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:06 pm

I am way overdue myself. I knew the minute this site went up that Jody was an invaluable teacher and we are are blessed for his sharing his passion. Thanks Jody ! I sincerely appreciate all of the LEGIT info shared by Jody and the fine members here. Shawn, up in the Sierra Valley.

Another thanks to Jody.

I'm on his weekly emailings, and I sit and watch every one.
SPOKESY
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 am

Thank you Jody
Bill d
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm

I new to this forum been on the welding web forum for couple months didn no this one was on here and I agree thanks jody I been into welding for the last 3 to 4 yrs and been watchin his vid on you tube the whole time learned a lot from his vids so again thxs jody
MILLER DIALARC HF
MILLER 212 AUTO SET
MILLER 15A SPOOL GUN
MILLER BOBCAT 225
THERMAL ARC 186