General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Dirkadirka875
    Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:43 pm

I have an Alphatig 200x that I’ve been using for around 2 years now. W hen I cranked it up last night to weld up some steering tabs, it started the arc but never got hot. Started it again and watched the ammeter which never went above 8-9amps (was set to 100A) and made a hellacious whistling noise. Bumped it up to 200A and still had the same issue. Switched the foot control to the hand control and still had the same issue. Took off the covers and blew out the unit and still had the same issue. Anybody have any advise on what could be the issue?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ve had that happen with two different Miller welders. Both times it was a circuit board that cost 50-75% of a new welder.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

I think you are looking at some type of electronic component failure. Call the company and see if there are some basic test you can do to isolate the issue

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Simclardy wrote:I think you are looking at some type of electronic component failure. Call the company and see if there are some basic test you can do to isolate the issue

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree. I have had good dealings with the AHP tech people, give it a shot.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
ctaxle
    Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 am

had the same issue on mine. called ahp and sent them the welder to repair it. welds like new again. pete
'yer rear need fixin?'