General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2177.jpg (79.12 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2178.jpg (83.94 KiB) Viewed 1598 times

Oh what a punch has been thrown!! :lol: :lol:
Richard
Website
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

I wouldn't bet too much...if I was you! :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Spartan

He's texting Jeff "WTF!" as we speak. :lol:
TraditionalToolworks

Spartan wrote:He's texting Jeff "WTF!" as we speak. :lol:
Maybe so, but I'd take his welders without a neoprene beer cooler any day of the week... :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Not only do I have one, I have several. As you can see here flanking two 100% Wagyu beef burgers grilled over a bed of mesquite & pecan firewood. The only way to do it 'round here.

8-)
TraditionalToolworks

Like I said, I wouldn't bet too much on it...if I was you! :lol:

Nice looking burgers to boot! Or what we could call a "REAL burger". :D
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

Too bad about the contents :o
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225

None the less, good job acquiring those, Spartan.
Spartan

Dang it!! I was hoping for that slim chance that you didn't have one. We could have gotten a solid couple days of enjoyment from relentlessly teasing you about it. ;)
Spartan

Oscar wrote:None the less, good job acquiring those, Spartan.
Indeed. I may start collecting those koozies. HTP is good kit for sure.

DavidR8 wrote:Too bad about the contents :o
Lol, those are left overs from my drinking days. I quit back in October due to medication. I just happen to have them in the fridge still, lol.

It was a swing and a hit fly ball caught by Oscar! Well played :lol:
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Oscar wrote:Not only do I have one, I have several. As you can see here flanking two 100% Wagyu beef burgers grilled over a bed of mesquite & pecan firewood. The only way to do it 'round here.

8-)
Who the “F” puts American cheese on Waygu? Geez, Oscar, tighten up FFS :shock:
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Both of them are trying to stop drinking so they use that stuff as an incentive to give it up. I wouldn't use that stuff as coolant in my torch cooler.
DavidR8

BugHunter wrote:
Both of them are trying to stop drinking so they use that stuff as an incentive to give it up. I wouldn't use that stuff as coolant in my torch cooler.
Hah! That made me laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
TraditionalToolworks

cj737 wrote:
Oscar wrote:Who the “F” puts American cheese on Waygu? Geez, Oscar, tighten up FFS :shock:
You certainly wouldn't find Japanese people putting cheese on Wagyu, that's for sure... :lol:

Of course Wagyu is not actually Japanese beef, it's only designated for the beef produced from Japanese cows. In Japan it's usually Kobe or Matsusaka, but there are a couple other areas. Don't believe the stories about Japanese feeding the cows beer and massaging them, it's just folklore. Wagyu is for cows that were shipped out of Japan and breed around the world today.

Wa mean Japanese, and gyu is beef.

IBM once took me for Kobe beef, there were 8 of us...US $700/ea for dinner...they paid over US $5k! :o
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DavidR8

TraditionalToolworks wrote: IBM once took me for Kobe beef, there were 8 of us...US $700/ea for dinner...they paid over US $5k! :o
I had a similar experience, self funded unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
TraditionalToolworks

DavidR8 wrote:I had a similar experience, self funded unfortunately.
Of the 5 years I lived in Japan I only ate Kobe beef like that twice. IBM made it a point to take me as I was joking with them. I used to do the Business Shows for them. It's not like you get a big @$$ steak either, they slice it up small and do Teppan Yaki. :( Sure is good though. :)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

cj737 wrote:
Oscar wrote:Not only do I have one, I have several. As you can see here flanking two 100% Wagyu beef burgers grilled over a bed of mesquite & pecan firewood. The only way to do it 'round here.

8-)
Who the “F” puts American cheese on Waygu? Geez, Oscar, tighten up FFS :shock:
I do. :D
TraditionalToolworks

cj737 wrote:Who the “F” puts American cheese on Waygu?
The real problem is who makes a bacon cheeseburger without bacon?

The answer is that the oven doesn't have enough gas in stock mode to be able to fry bacon. In order to make that happen you need to run a larger gas line, but in order to accommodate the larger gas line you need an extra gas compression unit. The unit costs about half as much as the stove, but will allow you to fry bacon.

It's a small price to pay, but in the end you can have a bacon cheeseburger! :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

American cheese goes with coors don't it? You can always spit the wagyu out if you can't handle the mix. :lol:
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Even though it is Texas Wagyu, its still pretty dang good! So is Texas Akaushi! They may not be in Japan physically, but the animal is one and the same. :) They come out real juicy, and they're good for you to boot! I use it for everything: burgers a la Oscar, chili a la Oscar, crispy taquitos a la Oscar, chiles rellenos a la Oscar, etc. :)
TraditionalToolworks

No doubt, I'm sure your burgers were tasty. This thread seemed to be created to push your buttons from the start, but you were the one tossing around Wagyu, so let's be honest about it. Hamburger is not the prize of the Japanese cow, or shall we say Tajima because there is no such thing as a Japanese cow. And I'm sure the Akaushi in Texas is tasty also, but keep in mind it's a brown cow and Aka means red, so it's kind of funny also. But hamburger is basically bits and pieces that are left over mixed with fat to make the hamburger. This is kind of odd because what really makes Wagyu is the fact that the meat grows naturally marbled, it's not something you can make in the meat grinder, even if the beef comes from a Wagyu, or even a Tajima.

No worries, I don't think anyone doubted your burgers looked good, as I originally said, looks like what we would call a "Real Burger". I also bet those taquitos were pretty tasty, something my wife doesn't do very well, I'll admit to that...but I have taught her how to make fish tacos pretty good using swordfish... :D

Happy welding! ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

All true, but the fat is the good fat that is mixed in, the monounsaturated as opposed to polysaturated that is bad for heart health. The real treat is when I go to a meat market in San Antonio and bring back bone-in "cowboy cut" ribeyes along with Akaushi ground beef.

Old pictures obviously, but you get the idea.
Yum. :)
Last edited by Oscar on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.