General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Dvoneschen13
    Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:52 pm

I know it's a newer welder but what are some of your opinions on this welder? They make a 205 DC Tig for about 270. They do an AC tig for about 800. I believe they also do a mig multi for around 400. I bought their 205 dc tig and ran some stick rod with it. The leads they send are garbage but the weld was okay. Definitely doesn't run like my old sa-200 but will definitely lay down a decent bead and stick some steel together. Does anybody have experience with their welders? Is it a bargain or a waste of money? God bless
And256
    Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:52 am

TIG welding is demanding I would choose a better brand.
Even cheaper stick welders can weld simple stuff.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I have a couple cheap Chinese welders from Tooliom. Just bought them to check them out. They work, but they "over-rate" the amperage on the display. You don't get what you see. Once you get past this and adjust accordingly, they work fine. But I don't know about durability, yet.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I looked at them a bit a couple months ago when people started talking about them. Look to me like the same no-name, off-brand, bottom of the barrel, cheap chinese machines you can find all over ebay and amazon....just with a bit more money put into marketing. Personally, I would avoid them. But for what it's worth, I do run other chinese machines, so I'm not just anti-chinese when it comes to welders.