General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
oldslow
    Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Anyone actually using this helmet for other than hobby use?
Will it hold up at all for roll welding pipe on a wheel?
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

The 9400i is a respirator helmet is it not? I guess if you need a respirator to weld pipe on a fixture I'm sure it would be fine. I have an Elite series and it works great. I'm just curious why anybody would spend the big bucks for a respirator helmet if you don't need the respirator. Outside of that I think they are too expensive even if you can get them without the respirator. I'm even thinking about downgrading some for out of position work.. Way too much money to have large drippies and slag and spatter getting all over them. Up to you. Just my thoughts.
Be the monkey....
Bill250r
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 pm

hi there , I just bought mine last week ,and although I don't consider what I do heavy industrial, work in a small fab shop for a fencing company , its more than hobby use . so far so good . find it heavy though . a lot heavier than my optrel . and somewhat bulkier restricting the tight spaces that sometimes I find my self into . overall nice helmet and no regrets on buying it