General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Tulmaker
    Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

I need to let people know how bad the service is at Everlast. My 185 tig took a dump so I sent it in for service and was told normaly it is a 2 week turn around but with the holidays it will be more like 3 weeks. This being my only welder I was counting on them to keep this date. They received the machine on 11-2 and I called to get status on 11-25 and it had not been worked on yet. After calling 3 times and getting empty promesses I finally put a message on there forum about there service and got a phone call 10 minuts after saying my machine has been shipped but I still dont have a tracking number so im not holding my breath.
So now 7 weeks and still no welder. Hard to make a living when you cant count on your equipment and there support :evil: Very unhappy with Everlast's service
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Im sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Here in Australia I have had nothing but excellent and prompt service.

Just wondering, were they not willing to send you are replacement or loan welder while yours was fixed?

Mick
Tulmaker
    Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

I wasnt givin that option but would not have needed a loaner if it was fixed in the 3 weeks like they said.

Have you used any Longevity welders?

Hey, Thats a bad place to be.. i think it depends on the indiviual person( or manager of persons) as to how you get treated. Some will go to the ends of the Earth for you and others just cant be bothered even though they are under the same brand.

I have not used a Longevity welder, they are not availble in Australia to my Knowledge. Go on Youtube and seach for Kevin Carone. He is a metal artist who now uses and reviews these machines.

I wish you good luck and may you get a nice Christmas present from Everlast.

Mick

Sorry your having bad luck with Everlast ... I have a 200DX and haven't had anything but good luck with it (knock on wood) hope things get better.
... going as fast as I can with one eye closed.
Everlast Powertig 200DX
Miller Thunderbolt 225
Lincoln 180c Mig
Hobart Handler 125
fisher
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 am

I too have had 1st class service from Everlast Australia. My 250 EX recently had a little glitch, sent an email explaining my problem and a replacement machine turned up two days later with a follow up phone call to make sure all was good. Been giving plenty of use too. Couldn't ask for better really.
Sorry to hear you had a bad run over there, heard others say the service was pretty good in the US so it seems unusual.

Hey,

Was that was Ted Small? I dealt with him and all was good.

Mick
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

My experience with Everlast in Canada has been a good one. I believe in trying out equipment before I buy it. So, one morning I called up Everlast, who are located some 3,000km from my location and asked about the products. Then, since I work for the airlines, I showed up for lunch on the same day. They were a bit shocked to see me, but I tried the welders and placed my order the same day. These welders are a relatively good investment for the money spent. They are made in China and they don't stay on the shelves long when they arrive in Canada. When something fails on a warranty machine, it's possible that there might not be any stock available until the next shipment arrives. I suspect that this might have been your case.

With any electronic device, there's always the chance of a failure. In Canada, the owner of Everlast personally flies to China and tests the welders before they are shipped. When the welder arrives in Canada, it's tested a second time to make sure that it's fully functional. Some people are of the assumption that Chinese products are crap, I would have a serious look around before making such a statement. There's good and bad in every industry. My best advice to you, is to buy what you believe in. If you truly believe that anything made in China is inferior, then by all means buy American, you will be supporting your own economy at the many levels of marketing, service and parts departments.
Tulmaker wrote:I need to let people know how bad the service is at Everlast. My 185 tig took a dump so I sent it in for service and was told normaly it is a 2 week turn around but with the holidays it will be more like 3 weeks. This being my only welder I was counting on them to keep this date. They received the machine on 11-2 and I called to get status on 11-25 and it had not been worked on yet. After calling 3 times and getting empty promesses I finally put a message on there forum about there service and got a phone call 10 minuts after saying my machine has been shipped but I still dont have a tracking number so im not holding my breath.
So now 7 weeks and still no welder. Hard to make a living when you cant count on your equipment and there support :evil: Very unhappy with Everlast's service
fisher
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

Was that was Ted Small? I dealt with him and all was good.

Mick
Yes, Ted is one of the Aussie Everlast Guys, very helpful and nice to deal with.

Hey,

I bought a PowerArc 200. My wife bought it for Christmas for a suprise, I knew i was getting it but she got all sneaky with the E'Last guys and pulled the wool over my eyes. I Was one of their first customers and they gave me a good start up deal. I recently bought the tig kit for it and They looked after me with that as well.

Mick