General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
NT Unique

Hi Guys
I get alot of my supplies from weldingdepot, however I recently went to do an order and there website seems to not work or be non existent. Have they gone out of business or are they just having troubles with the site itself. It's be a shame if they had gone, really good source of welding gear.

Cheers
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

i never delt with them but just tried to log on and had no luck either.
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

jwmacawful wrote:i never delt with them but just tried to log on and had no luck either.
i just asked google and they say welding depot is closed. sorry.
NT Unique

Well that's just a real shame! Great store and great service, not sure where I'm gonna get my supplies from now. Any suggestions?
I tried a google search but it didn't really turn up any information.

Cheers
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

http://www.toolstore.com.au btw, why dont you buy your stuff in Darwin? Too much mark up?
NT Unique

Hi Mike
I get alot of my gear from up here but consumables like helmet lens, tips, collets, cables ect ect, I could get them at a fraction of the cost even including freight. There is a thing up here people refer to as "Darwin Tax" where everything is 30% more expensive just because of our isolation. It sux as not all businesses are hiking there prices up with the attitude of " where else are you gonna get it", some have to legit have prices higher due to cost of freight and storage. But you get sick of paying the extra real quick, and find alternative suppliers that have reasonable prices.

Cheers
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

I have heard that before. My cousin lives up there, (rep for jack daniels, lucky bugger) and gets sick of being charged more by car dealers for services. :-(. Anyway. Adelaide tools was another one for mail order.

Mick