General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Nils
    Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Been doing a lot of work at a thoroubred farm repairing pasture fence. This has been a really great job for me and am loving it. I work four hours a day at $50/hr. What's not to love? That little Millermatic 140 powered by the trailblazer 301G is a real workhorse.

I am so glad I started this business a year-and-a-half ago!
Attachments
DCFC0013.JPG
DCFC0013.JPG (175.52 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
DCFC0007.JPG
DCFC0007.JPG (151.7 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
DCFC0006.JPG
DCFC0006.JPG (145.54 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
Everlast PowerTig 250EX, PowerTig 185 Micro, PowerArc 160STH, Miller Trailblazer 301G, Millermatic 140 Auto-Set
Dragster Guy
    Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:19 am

Very nice that is what im working up to im just starting my new business. Keep up the good work. I hope I get there soon..thats a great gig there.
Performance Metal Works
Pasadena MD
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Good for you man!!
Glad your business is working out.
Btw,
What permits/licenses did you have to get??

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks for sharing this, my wife saw it and went crazy. We have horses and she has been begging me to build a new fence. I have a feeling something similar to this is in my future. :lol:
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

mcoe wrote:Thanks for sharing this, my wife saw it and went crazy. We have horses and she has been begging me to build a new fence. I have a feeling something similar to this is in my future. :lol:
It's all good if you spin it the right way... Clearly, in order to tackle that project you'll need a diesel engine welder and a service truck to mount it on, right? :lol:
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!

RichardH wrote:
mcoe wrote:Thanks for sharing this, my wife saw it and went crazy. We have horses and she has been begging me to build a new fence. I have a feeling something similar to this is in my future. :lol:
It's all good if you spin it the right way... Clearly, in order to tackle that project you'll need a diesel engine welder and a service truck to mount it on, right? :lol:
I told her that and now she is satisfied with electric fence :(
Matt
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Matt,
Or you can host a welding tips and tricks forum user repair day and we can all come out and have a fence raising. The Amish have barn raising so why not us have a fence raising?
-Jonathan

Sounds good to me, as long as John doesn't bring his 6013's :lol:
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Bit of a pipe dream (no, the other kind of pipe dream...), but Jonathan has planted an idea in my head with the "barn-raising" comment.

As this forum grows, it might be possible to organize little regional get-togethers, for a real meet-and-greet. Preferably someplace with equipment, for some skill-swapping. Perhaps a trade show, or tech school, or even someone's shop on a Saturday. The trade show might be the better bet, as the insurance is on someone else... And to have a respected forum represented at a trade show, with the possibility of offering equipment reviews might even merit "sponsorship" to the show.

Just a random idea put forth for "percolation"...

Steve S
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Or you can host a welding tips and tricks forum user repair day and we can all come out and have a fence raising. The Amish have barn raising so why not us have a fence raising?
Wow - can you imagine the, um, "diversity" of welds you'd get? Some amazing, some scary. Anthropologists would later conclude it was built by a welder with serious multiple personality disorder. :lol:

On a serious note, society needs more of the "barn raising" mindset. Many hands makes light work. After "framing day" at a Habitat for Humanity construction site, I was sore in places I never imagined… but it was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!