General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
JimR
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Folks -

I just downloaded Miller update 301153K for my dynasty 280dx. This will be my first update. Googled about the update process but nothing popped up.

Would like to know if anyone has gone through the update process and had any problems ... am i stuck without a machine if the update does not work? Any way to get back to the old configuration?

Thanks!
Jim R.
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

JimR wrote:Folks -

I just downloaded Miller update ..........[snip]
Jim I'll be watching to see how this goes...keep us posted.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
JimR

Well, this is not good!

I finally installed 301153L (newer update) and as i feared, got a flashing message saying "software not valid." The owners manual says contact your service rep at this point...

My machine is one of the early models without the cooler power socket (MD460372L), maybe that has something to do with it.

It just pisses me off that there is no obvious way to "reset" the software...

posted a msg on twitter to miller and will try the contact on their web page.

will let everyone know how this turns out!
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Geez, I hope they don't make me upgrade the software in my Syncrowave ;-)

Sorry I couldn't resist
Multimatic 255
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Couldn't you just find one of their older software updates and install it? It would be more of a rollback than an update, but it might be worth a shot.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
JimR

Folks -

Software loading issues resolved! Talked to the Miller folks and Update version 301153M dated 28 Jan 2015 became available. Did a quick download/unzip and copy to a 2G SD card and 30sec after inserting the card into the Dynasty 280DX, it was up and running!

I have no idea if the upgrade was worth the hassle ... will play with the new features over the next couple of weeks.

Bottom line: REV 301153M worked for me, 30 second update!

Notes:
* I'm using a MAC; Miller distributes the upgrades in a windows self extracting file ... just one more variable
* I have an early model 280DX without the cooler AC socket ... maybe had something to do with the upgrade problem? Don't know.
    Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:01 am

I have the model without the cooler power. It's not really an earlier model as both are available.

I have done several upgrades and am now using the card that has the variable amplitude function. All have worked well for me. I have used a windows computer to manage the card prep for the updates.