General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Snow1
    Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:37 am

I'm spot welding stainless sheets with Entron EN1000 and TW110 handpiece. Have done alot of it. Now my handpiece is getting hot as well as the leads and its burning through the metal. All my settings are the same, it just started happening. I am not an experienced welder, if it weren't New Years eve, i would call somebody to help.
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Keep an eye on your cables/leads....particularly the connections. Make sure nothing is loose, as this causes resistance to the current flowing, resistance causes additional heat.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
Snow1

jwright650 wrote:Keep an eye on your cables/leads....particularly the connections. Make sure nothing is loose, as this causes resistance to the current flowing, resistance causes additional heat.
Thanks, I have looked at any obvious problems; grounding, leads, possible damage to the handpiece.
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Do you have the instruction manual?
http://www.tjsnow.com/manuals/entron/1001cascade.pdf
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

WerkSpace wrote:Do you have the instruction manual?
http://www.tjsnow.com/manuals/entron/1001cascade.pdf
page 117 has a couple troubleshooting tips for "Hot" welds

If the machine settings are all the same, maybe the air pressure has dropped for some reason.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
Snow1

I had the manual. I checked trouble shooting section already. There is no air to this unit. It uses a Tweezer handpiece, pressure is applied by hand.
Snow1

Didn't get it done today. Thanks for trying to help. I'll follow up when I get it going next week.