General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
tomz
    Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 am

Someone else may have brought this up but I couldn't find anything. On one of Jody's videos he talked about using novis ( I think that was the name) paste or polish to make his cover shields last longer. Well where I live is pretty rural and we have no welding stores, just a couple of places that have some wire, electrodes and a few consumables. So that paste was out of the question to find. I grabbed a can of pledge furniture polish and went to using it on them. There is 4 welders at the shop and all of us are using it and the plates are they lasting 4-5 times longer if not a lot longer. We use it first thing in the morning and several times through out the day. Give it a try you might like it.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
RookieWelder
    Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:33 am

I've used Pledge on the windshields and the sidecar nose on my motorcycle for years. It does a great job of making bugs wipe right off. I can certainly see it working well for making cover lenses last longer.

Dwight
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

tomz wrote:Someone else may have brought this up but I couldn't find anything. On one of Jody's videos he talked about using novis ( I think that was the name) paste or polish to make his cover shields last longer. Well where I live is pretty rural and we have no welding stores, just a couple of places that have some wire, electrodes and a few consumables. So that paste was out of the question to find. I grabbed a can of pledge furniture polish and went to using it on them. There is 4 welders at the shop and all of us are using it and the plates are they lasting 4-5 times longer if not a lot longer. We use it first thing in the morning and several times through out the day. Give it a try you might like it.
Thanks for the tip, Tomz
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector