General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Hey all I am looking at getting a used Lincoln Power Wave C300 multiprocess machine from a local tech school as they are updating their machines. My question is before I bit it will a 50 amp breaker for 220v gonna be enough to run this machine? What is recommended to run this power source? I did some looking around and see what voltages it will run off but doesn't mention anything about required input amperage. Any and all info will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

The Lincoln website http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/Eq ... nElectric) says the machine can sense 1 or 3 phase power and adjust. The product info PDF http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/g ... /e5100.pdf indicates a wide range of input amps. That's for new machines, though. You can get a manual specific to your machine, here
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/su ... nuals.aspx
by entering the product code found on the welder's nameplate. Because models change from year to year (early versions of the machine may not interface with smartphones, as the new ones do) that may be the best way to go.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I say yes - 50amps 240v single phase will do the job.

The listing I saw gave 48 amps input single phase for 300 amps output.

It will draw less based on how many amps you weld with naturally.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks guys. I was assuming it would be fine and actually have an unused 60 amp dual pull breaker open from when our house had central air so will be using that. Also for about $200 for the machine Id have a hard time passing it up. I believe they are only about 5 or so years old. Gonna find out some more info like I'd they Coe with a whip and regulator but either way it's a steal in my eyes!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Agreed! $200 is a steal if it's just a power source, even without a cord.

Even if you have to kit it out from end to end, that's an awesome deal.

Steve S
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

BensJamming wrote:Thanks guys. I was assuming it would be fine and actually have an unused 60 amp dual pull breaker open from when our house had central air so will be using that. Also for about $200 for the machine Id have a hard time passing it up. I believe they are only about 5 or so years old. Gonna find out some more info like I'd they Coe with a whip and regulator but either way it's a steal in my eyes!
I've changed my mind, it will ruin your electrical service..don't buy it and send me the address where it's located :D :lol:
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.