General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hey Guys!! I actually got a day off and sat down to see if I could still weld! I have been totally consumed with rehabbing my rental property so I can sell it and haven't touched my welders in a couple months so I sat down Saturday with the TIG and I can still pull it off! I have turned away alot of repair work to be able to concentrate on the total rehab of this property. Its amazing how much damage renters who don't give a shit, can do to a house. Anyway, I can't wait to get back to my first love, weld/fab now that I have the time. I have had people begging me to fix their lawn tractors and such, they are telling me there is no one around other than me that does repair work any more....NOW they appreciate me..lol.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Good to hear you're well Jeff.
Sent you a PM a while ago, worried when you didnt reply.
exnailpounder

AndersK wrote:Good to hear you're well Jeff.
Sent you a PM a while ago, worried when you didnt reply.
Thanks for the concern Anders! I basically lived in the property as I worked on it so I was out of touch with everyone for awhile. I can't wait to get back in my shop and get that damned nightmare house sold. I have about 400 emails in my inbox so maybe yours is in there. Gonna take off on the bike next week and do the Dragons Tail in Deals Gap North Carolina before I get back "in the habit".
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Like.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
dunkster
    Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 pm

exnailpounder wrote: Gonna take off on the bike next week and do the Dragons Tail in Deals Gap North Carolina before I get back "in the habit".
Ohhh, we definitely like this!

Be sure to watch out for any big rigs trying to squeeze thru there.
Last edited by dunkster on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

jeff corners really creep up on you there.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

exnailpounder wrote:Hey Guys!! I actually got a day off and sat down to see if I could still weld!
I thought it was like riding a bike. No? Did I get that wrong? <grin>
Welcome back!
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
culveres
    Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Living less than 20 miles from the Dragon, I have local knowledge, ride, and weld. Give me a shout if you like.
The tail is busy weekends. Spent 2 nights at Dragon's Rest in Robbinsville n.c. last week. $75 per night, nice.
exnailpounder

culveres wrote:Living less than 20 miles from the Dragon, I have local knowledge, ride, and weld. Give me a shout if you like.
The tail is busy weekends. Spent 2 nights at Dragon's Rest in Robbinsville n.c. last week. $75 per night, nice.
I will do that. I don't know what day I am going to leave as I am waiting for my buddy to get back from Sturgis this week. Will definitely message you when I have a plan....thanks! 8-)
exnailpounder

motox wrote:jeff corners really creep up on you there.
craig
Corners are my thang! I used to roadrace bikes in my 20s...Gratin Michigan, Elkhart Wisconsin...took the Keith Code superbike school. I had a new rear tire put on my Street Glide this spring and the tire guy said mine was the first tire he ever saw that was as worn on the sides as it was in the middle...if you still have titties on your sidewalls you ain't leaning hard enough!