General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

We are only a few weeks away from FABTECH 2015 held this year at the McCormick Place 2301 South Lake Shore Drive Chicago, IL 60616. Like last year I want to throw my number out there to see if anyone from here is going and wants to meet up. There are quite a few from Instagram that are going and if I remember correctly Arc Zone wanted to put together a meet up as well. So who is going? I will be there all 4 days but will be leaving in the afternoon on Thursday.
-Jonathan 330.749.6423
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hey Jonathan, I want to go but I have a question, do you need to register with them as a business to get in or can you just walk in off the street? I am only 30 miles away so I don't know what day I'll get there but I for sure want to make it.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

You can register as an individual, and if you register before Nov. 6, admission is free.

Register here:

https://www.xpressreg.net/register/fabt ... &hkey=&iq=

Click the "pricing" tab near the bottom to see the fees for "extras".

Steve S
Alumike
    Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm planning to attend 1 day for sure, 2 days if I can swing that. I am from the Chicago area. My shop is 5 miles south of O'Hare.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I am here! So excited to be able to attend this year. There are a lot of us meeting up, including Alumike, and I know Jody will be around the Lincoln booth Monday-Wednesday around 11am. Hope to see more from this forum there. As always I will post up the cool products once the show is over.
-Jonathan
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:I am here! So excited to be able to attend this year. There are a lot of us meeting up, including Alumike, and I know Jody will be around the Lincoln booth Monday-Wednesday around 11am. Hope to see more from this forum there. As always I will post up the cool products once the show is over.
-Jonathan
If you get a chance, can you hit up the ESAB booth and take their new rebel and TIG machines for a spin. If you don't mind, ask their marketing person why they pay $6000 a year for a paid forum on WeldingWeb.com and no one even monitors it?
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

soutthpaw wrote:take their new rebel and TIG machines for a spin.
This may be a dipsh*t question because I've never been to a major show like this but: do they have machines set up for welding? Seems like there would be difficulty providing power, difficulty preventing arc flashes for people nearby, long lines at the cool machines, etc.

I wish I could go to a Fabtech!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:
soutthpaw wrote:take their new rebel and TIG machines for a spin.
This may be a dipsh*t question because I've never been to a major show like this but: do they have machines set up for welding? Seems like there would be difficulty providing power, difficulty preventing arc flashes for people nearby, long lines at the cool machines, etc.

I wish I could go to a Fabtech!
A lot of them do have welding booths setup for demonstration