General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
jackmcphearson
    Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi everyone,
Please, advise me not expensive and compact hose reel. What do you use? I am a beginner, so I buy the equipment gradually. I use Lincoln welder.
Thanks in advance.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

:lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
jackmcphearson
    Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Bump,
I’m just a hobbyist that is why I ask such questions. I just want to buy basic accessories and equipment and not want to waste money on unnecessary things. Look at this https://www.mrosupply.com/hydraulics-an ... _coxreels/
But the price is expensive. Or to order the cheapest reel on ebay?
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

What do you intend to use the reel for?

I've never owned a hose reel, nor have I ever worked in a shop that had one. I just wrap the hoses up on the bottle cart, or build an arm for them to coil over in the shop. On a truck an old wheel can be welded or bolted up to hold them. I figure save the two hundred bucks and apply it toward more equipment or supplies...or beer. :D

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

ldbtx wrote:I've never owned a hose reel, nor have I ever worked in a shop that had one. I just wrap the hoses up on the bottle cart, or build an arm for them to coil over in the shop. On a truck an old wheel can be welded or bolted up to hold them. I figure save the two hundred bucks and apply it toward more equipment or supplies...or beer. :D

LDB
I've also used the plastic spool that's left over after all the MIG wire is gone.
D300-D270-flux-cored-super-solder-welding_png_200x200.png
D300-D270-flux-cored-super-solder-welding_png_200x200.png (68.75 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Richard
Website
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

We have a brand called re-coila. We don't use them much any more, but they seemed pretty good when we used them for oxy/lpg

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk